What's new

Body hair

Please forgive me if this topic has been talked about before but I'm curious to know if anyone can answer my question about hair growing in the strangest places as I get older.

Can someone tell me what purpose nature has of starting to grow hair on the outside of my nose as I turned 50? Not only do I want to know why my body grows it but how it knows to wait until 50 years old to start. What's the point of growing hair on the entrance and outside of my ears? Is there some reason to add 47 pounds of eyebrow hair and make it grow into my eyes?

Surely someone knows the answers to these poignant and cogent questions.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I don't know why it happens. But I know how to take care of it. Take that trimmer, set it on "2" and let it fly right across your eyebrows. You'll lose about 35 pounds of eyebrow hair right on the spot. :biggrin:

Please forgive me if this topic has been talked about before but I'm curious to know if anyone can answer my question about hair growing in the strangest places as I get older.

Can someone tell me what purpose nature has of starting to grow hair on the outside of my nose as I turned 50? Not only do I want to know why my body grows it but how it knows to wait until 50 years old to start. What's the point of growing hair on the entrance and outside of my ears? Is there some reason to add 47 pounds of eyebrow hair and make it grow into my eyes?

As a furry man over 50...I can tell you--

Chicks DIG hairy noses and hairy backs!:lol::lol::lol:

Can someone tell me what purpose nature has of starting to grow hair on the outside of my nose as I turned 50? ake it grow into my eyes?

Not to burst your bubble, but I don't know that anyone has a really good answer to this question. If we knew the exact molecular signals that cause hair to grow (or not grow) then we could probably come up with therapies for baldness and hirsutism (too much hair). Bet that would really **** off Rogaine! :tongue:

Best we can come up with is that at different stages of life certain molecular signals turn different genes on or off which accounts for all the varied biological changes of humans as we progress from conception to death.

Best thing to do, invest in the clippers or go to a decent spa.

Rick

Not to burst your bubble, but I don't know that anyone has a really good answer to this question. If we knew the exact molecular signals that cause hair to grow (or not grow) then we could probably come up with therapies for baldness and hirsutism (too much hair). Bet that would really **** off Rogaine! :tongue:

Best we can come up with is that at different stages of life certain molecular signals turn different genes on or off which accounts for all the varied biological changes of humans as we progress from conception to death.

Best thing to do, invest in the clippers or go to a decent spa.

Rick

Wow! Now THAT'S an answer. Thanks but I still wonder what nature's purpose was/is. There has to be some benefit to the species to grow hair late in life. If it was to get chicks, why wouldn't it happen when we are more able to do something about it?

This just leads to more hair to shave with out beloved raxors- try not to remove the underlying substrate (ie ears or nose)

I'm 33 & I look like I have been licked all over & rolled on a barbers floor.

Hmmm, this looks like custom title material!

Any, I'm 31 myself and losing more and more hair up top as we speak, but I have always been rather hairy, so I can +1 to Duke's comment - as to answering the question, the answer is very simple...
I just don't know

So many variables, genetics, hormones, radiation, Happy Fun Ball, etc, there's probably no one answer - some people get harrier as they age, some don't, but there is a tendency for it. My guess would be since we tend to be colder as we age, maybe our body is trying to compensate?

That reminds me of a hairy fellow with a bald head that told me he was just growing above his hairline.

then there's one of my colleagues who, so he says, has to randomly decide daily where his neck hair ends and his chest hair begins... but that's probably another story (and nothing that a good trimmer wouldn't cure... but I digress).

I come from hairy people.

Years ago my whole family went on a cruise...my grandparents, all my dad's siblings, and their kids. They had a "hairy chest" contest on the boat...we ran it:biggrin: They had I think 3 age groups, a cousin won the youngest, uncle won the middle category, and Gramps took the senior crown. We were, strangely, very proud.

Top Bottom