What's new

Coach Wallets

Has anyone had problems with Coach leather wallets? Stitching is coming out of mine for the second time. One of the selling points is that it is made from water buffalo leather and designed to "gain a patina" over time. One would think if this is the case, the stitching would also last.

They are pretty cheap wallets (quality wise), so don't expect much. One benefit of a buying from a large designer brand, the customer service is usually quite good. Try contacting them for a replacement, or refund.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Has anyone had problems with Coach leather wallets? Stitching is coming out of mine for the second time. One of the selling points is that it is made from water buffalo leather and designed to "gain a patina" over time. One would think if this is the case, the stitching would also last.

The leather gains a patina, not the thread.

:001_rolle

Contact them for a replacement.

I had one that I just replaced with a Tumi wallet.. Never had any problems with it, and it was my almost-everyday wallet for about a year and a half. But I have heard of things happening like that.

I had one that I just replaced with a Tumi wallet.. Never had any problems with it, and it was my almost-everyday wallet for about a year and a half. But I have heard of things happening like that.

I had a Coach leather wallet that lasted for about two years. However, after that period of time it did not hold its shape and the stitching began to fray a bit. I ended up going with a Tumi and have had that for about a year.

I also have a Coach wallet in buffalo. It was a gift from my wife, and I am really disappointed in the quality, as it is falling apart in several places. It is 15 months old. Has anyone actually gotten a replacement from Coach by complaining?

Based on the warranty described on their website, it seems like the only remedy is that you can pay them $20 to repair it. I do not think I would want this repaired, since it's probably going to fall apart again in a year.

Before this wallet, I had a black leather, made in China wallet that I purchased at K-Mart at least 10 years ago. It was holding up fine, although the leather was worn in a few places. I thought the Coach would be an upgrade. Live and learn.

I bought a Bison Made wallet about two months ago. Best wallet I have ever owned by far. It has already started to change color from when I bought it. They are actually based in Phoenix so I went to their little shop and talked to the owner for a while. Really cool selection of wallets as well as a straight and strops.

ive used daks and prada wallets, i have a couch bag, but the stitching on coach seems to be the problem with most. they are made in china products so not the top of the line quality you get from other companies.

I just replaced one that I had used for a few (handful?) of years. It was the card case with the clear ID window which had more or less disintegrated. I found a card case without the ID window from Bosca and it works great for less than half the price.

I got my coach wallet as a gift back in 09 and it still is in good shape and would expect at least 2 more years out of it. It was purchased at the outlet store for 35, so for that price I think it's a good wallet.

Top Bottom