What's new

G-series injector technique problems?

I scored a G-series injector at the local market a while back, but so far I've been struggling to enjoy it. It certainly shaves as close (possibly closer) than my MMOC, but my only three shaves with it felt like I was dragging a dull blade across my face, even with a brand new blade.

I know it's not the prep or lather because I don't have this problem with my other razors. The last two shaves I tried to really focus on finding the right angle, but it didn't seem to do much good. To be clear, although it feels like the razor is dull and pulling, it causes zero visible irritation; it just feels very uncomfortable, which is weird to me. I though maybe it wasn't aggressive enough for my beard, but, like I said, the closeness of the shave has me doubting that. Any suggestions?

I had problem with g type also, blade felt very agressive, but left a lot of stubble left every time, irfitation and razor burn. i have no more blades to try, but it was strange

My Type G is a joy to use on my coarse tough beard. Your experience is odd.

Might your razor be damaged? Might it be wise to try another one? Something is amiss here.

I have the same feeling with my G, it gives amazingly smooth close shaves, but it just really feels like its ripping my skin off, I suspect it might have to do with how aggressive it is, and how sensitive my skin is, I love how easy it is to use and how good of a job it does, its just unnerving how aggressive it feels, I suggest using as little pressure as you possibly can

My Type G is a joy to use on my coarse tough beard. Your experience is odd.

Might your razor be damaged? Might it be wise to try another one? Something is amiss here.

I don't think it's broken. The only thing I noticed is that there is a slight amount of play between the top piece and bottom piece (i.e. the two pieces that hold the blade in place). It seems to hold the blade snug, but it has a little bit of back and forth movement, like the little spring-type thing could be putting more pressure on it. But I can't get it any tighter. I don't know if that's normal, but that's all I can think of.

This seems odd. I had a Type G with a wore down blade stop on one side, so the blade sat in the razor crooked and it still shaved like a dream.

Ben

I don't think it's broken. The only thing I noticed is that there is a slight amount of play between the top piece and bottom piece (i.e. the two pieces that hold the blade in place). It seems to hold the blade snug, but it has a little bit of back and forth movement, like the little spring-type thing could be putting more pressure on it. But I can't get it any tighter. I don't know if that's normal, but that's all I can think of.

Remove the blade, then take a small screwdriver, and carefully pry up on the spring clip under where the blade is (not the rivet end) and swing the clip (spring) over the little bump till it's off to the side enough to make a bend to the spring slightly, when you put it back it will be tighter again. Mine sounded like a baby rattle with no blade in it till I did this, but you said your blade is snug, so this should not be your problem.

Maybe find different blades, or play with your blade angle?

All the injectors are great shavers to me... just limited on blade choices.

Last edited:

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Remove the blade, then take a small screwdriver, and carefully pry up on the spring clip under where the blade is (not the rivet end) and swing the clip (spring) over the little bump till it's off to the side enough to make a bend to the spring slightly, when you put it back it will be tighter again. Mine sounded like a baby rattle with no blade in it till I did this, but you said your blade is snug, so this should not be your problem.

Maybe find different blades, or play with your blade angle?

All the injectors are great shavers to me... just limited on blade choices.
Good advice on fixing spring tension if you only do it once. Also, sometimes a new blade in SE and SE injectors seem a little harsh but mellow out after a couple of shaves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom