What's new

Favorite Clubman Pinaud scent

Just getting ready to purchase a few bottles of this stuff, do you peeps have a favorites and least favorites? I've heard many unflattering remarks
about the Special Reserve as well as the Lilac Vegatal..
Thanks!

Musk and Vanilla.... in that order. :smile:

The two I haven't had. I made an order with a place specifically to get the Musk, and added a bunch of others (Lustrays) on just because I was ordering. Well, the guy messed up and gave me regular Clubman, I called him on it and he said he'd ship me the Musk, but a week later, I notice I was just refunded the money for that one....

So no Musk or Vanilla for me yet. :frown:

The Lilac Vegetal grew on me, and I always liked the Special Reserve. It is quite strong, maybe since it's a cologne/aftershave and not just an aftershave. I wouldn't call it a refreshing scent, though.

The Bay Rum isn't even an aftershave, we just use it as one. Not sure if it's Clubman either.

Of the four I've tried, I like the regular ol' Clubman the best, and then Bay Rum, then Special Reserve, then Lilac Vegetal, but I like them all.

My favorite is Special Reserve-lasting powerful scent. If you want to drive people away from you use Lilac Vegetal. CLubman is not bad, reminds me of Canoe. CLub Royale is like Ajax or Comet. Vanilla is not vanilla.I added a few drops of Body SHop Vanilla oil to doctor it up. Virgin Bay Rum is excellent splash. I mixed it with Michelsens's Bay Rum and Burt's Bee and it amde a nice long lasting cologne.

I like all the Clubman products. They are classic. I use Clubman Lime Sec in the afternoon for a refreshing splash after washing my face and rinsing with cold water. This is very refreshing. In the morning, though, after shaving I use Jeris Osage Rub (tingling menthol) followed by a splash of Lilac Vegetal with an added splash of Virgin Island Bay Rum. This is very invigorating and toning. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Clubman aftershaves or colognes. I like Special Reserve, too.

I don't feel that Pinaud's Lime Sec is anything special, and it's cloyingly sweet (but mercifully short-lived); if I want an invigorating splash, I use Murray & Lanman's Florida Water -- and if I want a nice lime combo, I use St. John's West Indian Lime EDC and Floris Limes EDT.

OTOH, I definitely like Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal (despite the disparaging remarks of others), and love their Virgin Island Bay Rum.

I don't feel that Pinaud's Lime Sec is anything special, and it's cloyingly sweet (but mercifully short-lived); if I want an invigorating splash, I use Murray & Lanman's Florida Water -- and if I want a nice lime combo, I use St. John's West Indian Lime EDC and Floris Limes EDT.

OTOH, I definitely like Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal (despite the disparaging remarks of others), and love their Virgin Island Bay Rum.

Where can these be purchased?

So far I have only purchased the Bay Rum and then the Clubman AS. I enjoy the Bay Rum yet my wife does not care for it. When I wear it she smirks and asks if I have that cinamon spice crap on.

I love the regular AS scent. I even enjoy the Clubman talc which I have been trying lately sans my Old Spice pit spread.

Looking forward to trying their other scents. I have not mustered up the courage for the Lilac Vegetol but will probably try it. :001_smile

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
So far, I've used the Bay Rum and the Clubman from Pinaud. Both I like, although the Bay Rum is, for me, the standout of the two.

Top Bottom