What's new

Storing DE's?

I recently made a buy of all sorts of, uh, stuff. In the order were 8 - 10 packs of Merkur DE blades. I decided to vacumn (sp) them using my food storage thingy from Coscto; I figured that would help keep the blades shave ready seeing as 80 blades should give me about 400 shaves (assuming 5 shaves per blade, or changing blades every 5 days, 400 days). Seeing as it was over 1 years worth (I know I will buy more before the year is up though :biggrin: ).

I also included my extra tub of C&E Almond Oil shave cream and my extra puck of Almond Oil soap in the vaccumn seal.

What do you guys think of storage of your stuff?

Darren

stropmegently said:
I recently made a buy of all sorts of, uh, stuff. In the order were 8 - 10 packs of Merkur DE blades. I decided to vacumn (sp) them using my food storage thingy from Coscto; I figured that would help keep the blades shave ready seeing as 80 blades should give me about 400 shaves (assuming 5 shaves per blade, or changing blades every 5 days, 400 days). Seeing as it was over 1 years worth (I know I will buy more before the year is up though :biggrin: ).

I also included my extra tub of C&E Almond Oil shave cream and my extra puck of Almond Oil soap in the vaccumn seal.

What do you guys think of storage of your stuff?

Darren

I keep all my spare/duplicate stuff, including razor blades in one of the drawers under my bed. Everything else sits on a couple of shelves in my study, I ran out of room in my bathroom some time ago.

It never occurred to me to vacuum seal the soaps and creams; do you think it’d make much difference?

I don't know. I thought for the blades, with someone on the board saying something about oxidation helping to degrade the blade surface, that vaccumn sealing would not hurt. I know they are sealed in their own package, but, perhaps a little won't hurt. I figured the vaccumn sealer is fun to use so I thought I would seal the cream and hard soap as well. Could it hurt? I doubt it. Will it help? For the cream and soap, I doubt it, but for the blades, maybe.

And for travelling, especially on a plane, great way to pack stuff so it does not spill all over you bag or clothes. Just stop the sealer before you crush the stuff too much (like a plastic bottle) and voila! You have a leak proof sealed container.

Yeah, I've used them before. The only trouble is they make your luggage heavier! But it does sometimes help you fit all your gear into cabin luggage.

I'm not sure about the blades thig though, you never know how long they've been stored by the manufacturer and the retailer prior to you storing them in the air tight container.

Top Bottom