What's new

blatantly showing off / approval seeking of my new custom razor

6/8 half hollow restored clausse blade with red/black g10 scales.

$DSC06453.jpg$DSC06454.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought a beautifully salvaged blade from Silverloaf. He is very creative indeed.

Your piece here is well done, but I find it more creative than beautiful.

Very unique design! It looks like they were designed to accentuate the blade when in the closed position... could you post a picture showing this?

While technically the scales appear well made, the design does absolutely nothing for me, in fact it detracts from the blade.

Very unique and artistic. Art is very much up for interpretation. What one person finds beautiful, another will potentially dislike. The fact that we all like different things really does make the world a better place, in my oppinion.

To me these scales are very unique and artistic, even utilitarian with the way it functions as a stand too. Not sure if it is my cup of tea but I can see the appeal for some.

Super Art Deco-y. Looks like it's from the 30s

Bingo.

Very well done - nice spin; I love it; looks well thought out and nicely executed.
It takes a lot to design - anyone can copy existing templates and paint a fake patina on bone, but to come up with an original design with what I see as having a real Art Deco pulse - that's just awesome. Deco isn't easy to do. I have no idea if that's what you were shooting for but geez... you nailed it.

Loewy would be jealous I think.

How is everyone so perplexed by these? They're slightly embellished gunstock scales. I think they look fine, but I'm a function over form and natural materials guy when it comes to scales/shaving brush handles/etc, so not exactly my taste. What matters is that you like them.

I can appreciate the fit and finish and the fact that it's it's own stand ... Not a fan of the shape... To each his own right! Either way you should be proud to own a truely unique razor!

It's certainly cool looking. I'm such an old geezer that I get more excited about traditional looks, but I'm glad for you.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and respectful comments from those of you that didn't dig it, are also appreciated.

Top Bottom