What's new

Going to Hawaii

Honolulu to be precise.

I get to bring one of my travel Techs to try for the first time.

Travel kit:

Gillette Tech (travel size, with case)
Derby Extra Blades
KMF tube of key lime (tropical, eh?)
Body Shop synthetic brush (not good, but it's synthetic for travel, and KMF can be used brushless anyway)

I'm looking forward to this! First time traveling with a DE!

Anyone been?

I was there last August to visit and celebrate my son's birthday. I traveled with my T&H turnback brush, Merkur HD, DR Harris Lavender shave stick and lucky Tiger toner. Have a great time!

Surfed for a week, or at least tried to. I am originally from CT with fair skin. I needed spf 30 and reapplied, and eventually got a tan. Don't let a burn ruin your fun. I saw a few guys (tourist) burning by the hour.

Try to take Diamond head road all the way through. Beautiful drive.

I took my whole setup. The col. CEBB, 38c, ss, and an adjustable. It's vacation right, so why deny yourself of one of the more pleasurable parts of the day.

E

I've been to Hawaii lots of times and am going back this April. We usually confine ourselves to the big island because that's where my family is.

When are you going?

I just returned about a week ago from Waikiki and Kauai. My avatar was taken off the NaPali Coast of Kauai on February 22.

I took my 38C, EJ BB, some shaving cream samples and coral skin food from Trumpers (small size of the samples came in quite handy for packing), and my alum block. Hotels provided condioner for my pre-shave shower routine.

Enjoy the trip, it will be awesome.

I just returned about a week ago from Waikiki and Kauai. My avatar was taken off the NaPali Coast of Kauai on February 22

:em2200:

I haven't been back to Kauai since 1987, but I still think about it a lot. In fact, I'm looking at a photo I took there right now. But need to go back some February to see the whales, I guess.

I just returned about a week ago from Waikiki and Kauai. My avatar was taken off the NaPali Coast of Kauai on February 22.

I took my 38C, EJ BB, some shaving cream samples and coral skin food from Trumpers (small size of the samples came in quite handy for packing), and my alum block. Hotels provided condioner for my pre-shave shower routine.

Enjoy the trip, it will be awesome.

I was in Maui in January. Considering all of the "almost" whale pictures I ended up with, your avatar is incredible.

I was in Maui in January. Considering all of the "almost" whale pictures I ended up with, your avatar is incredible.

Many thanks. It was a wonderful trip and that picture was incredibly lucky timing. The whale was floating on the surface and I was in a boat about 100 yards off. I had my camera out and was hoping for a tail shot or something like a flipper slap. Suddenly the whale submerges and about 10 seconds later it crashes through the surface into the air. I snapped the picture and, of course, there was about a one second shutter delay. I thought I probably caught a half-submerged whale. When I looked at the picture for the first time I couldn't believe it. I realized it was not only a whale but a fluke (a little seaman's humor :wink:). Honestly, it was a very lucky shot.

The most incredible thing about it was I could not believe how big this animal was. On the surface you usually see about 10 feet or so. When this thing jumped out of the water it was literally the size of a bus.

Dreaming of ANYWHERE warm at the moment.

What's that? I couldn't hear you over the two feet of snow in my yard... is it even below freezing there? :tongue:

I'm planing a backpacking trip to Hawaii with the missus, so let me know if you see anywhere that looks hobo-friendly.

What's that? I couldn't hear you over the two feet of snow in my yard... is it even below freezing there? :tongue:

I'm planing a backpacking trip to Hawaii with the missus, so let me know if you see anywhere that looks hobo-friendly.
It's my understanding that Hawaii in general is fairly hobo friendly, since it's always warm enough to camp.

That and there is always a beach to sleep on. There are quite a few hobos in Kona, HI behind one of the public buildings right off of the strip.

We didn't like Waikiki. It seemed like just another big, built up city with a beach. Go see the Arizona memorial; it's well worth the time spent. Snorkel often and, as it's been already mentioned, you will sunburn very quickly; use suntan lotion. I honestly don't think there is a bad spot on any of the islands. I could easily spend the rest of my life there. And don't pay any attention to the geckos in your room. They eat bugs.

Try to take Diamond head road all the way through. Beautiful drive.

I took my whole setup. The col. CEBB, 38c, ss, and an adjustable. It's vacation right, so why deny yourself of one of the more pleasurable parts of the day.

E

Now I would have to agree on both accounts.....Well put...:thumbup1:

Top Bottom