What's new

Zippo PIF

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
As seen in this month's acquisition thread, I stumbled onto a great deal at a pawn store- a humidor and 8 brand new, unfilled, Zippo lighters. Several were of the Destination series, and the rest were of big US cities. Two of the lighters were duplicates. So, I am going to PIF those duplicates.

How do you enter? Well, I am going to PIF these to two different people (international included). One will be a subjective judgement by me, the other will be an objective pick by random.org. You can do one of two things- you can just say "I'm in" and you will have a chance at the objective judgement. If you want to increase your odds, say "I'm in" then tell me what your favorite big city is, and why. This can be anything you want it to be, I just need destination and reason. If you have a humorous antecdote or odd fact that may work in your favor.

I will wrap this PIF up at midnight, 28MAR2014. I will then announce the winners, and ask which one you prefer. Should both winners pick the same lighter, I will pick a number between 1-100. The closest to that number (over or under) will get the first choice. Good luck.

Attachments

• $zippo.jpg
    $zippo.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 345

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Great PIF! I already have a couple of Zippos, so not in. Very nice though!

I'm in. San Francisco. I left a piece of my heart there.

This is such a timely PIF. I recently lost my Zippo.

Last edited:
I'm in. My favorite big city is Seattle. I lived there for a few years and it became a home to me. The city itself was very interesting. Not just a collection of people, but a culture all its own.

I'm in. Favorite big city is NYC. Lived there for a few years, and just moved back to within 10 miles of it.. The people, the food, the shops, the atmosphere.

Not in but I think these Zippos are really cool, and so are you Owen!

I'll let you know that Madrid is my favorite city. I used to live there and have so many fond memories. It's also a beautiful city with a lot of old and new architecture. And let's not forget all the wonderful art museums.

Count me in, Owen! You don't have to pick me just cause I'm a Steward! :biggrin1:

I'm from the 'burbs of Chicago, but my favorite ( I hesitate to call it big, since not much is bigger than Chicago) city is Memphis. I really enjoying walking up and down Beale Street during the day, eating red beans and rice at the Rum Boogie Cafe and then settling at some bar for the night and listening to the blues. Also, the missus enjoys Memphis 'cause of those darn cute Peabody ducks!

I'm in. Favorite big city would be Chicago because my brother in law lives there and we have great times together.

I'm in.

My favorite big city is Chicago. I've said for decades that it's the only city in America worth being cold for.

I'm in!

Favorite City (I haven't been to too many cities now that I think of it) would have to be Halifax. The waterfront there is just wicked. Super old pubs (the oldest pub in Canada is just off the water front). Every bar/pub seemed to have someone strumming an acoustic guitar to to entertain while sipping pints and breathing in the salty Atlantic air. Halifax is home to two of my favorite craft breweries, Garrisons (Imperial IPA) and Propeller (English bitter). If you stand on the street for more than 15 seconds someone will just start talking to you, the people of Halifax are that friendly. People even stop their cars while driving to let you cross the street (this is downtown Halifax). My wife and her family are from there (well actually Dartmouth, but Dartmouth is just a ferry ride across the Harbour). It's just a great place, with great people, and cheap lobster, that you eat with delicious beer.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Great PIF, but I'm not in. Not a big fan of big cities, lived in and around New Orleans for several years. Although not offered in the PIF, of those Zippos you scored, I like the NYC the best because of the depiction of the Twin Towers. Very cool!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not in, but terribly jealous of the Chicago lighter that you got in that set!! Beautiful Zippos and fantastic PIF!!:thumbup1:
Still not sure what I will do with the others yet
Great PIF, but I'm not in. Not a big fan of big cities, lived in and around New Orleans for several years. Although not offered in the PIF, of those Zippos you scored, I like the NYC the best because of the depiction of the Twin Towers. Very cool!
I like that and the Chicago one because I want to visit both cities

I'm in. All you Midwest guys and your Chicago love... You guys need to come out west to Portland. This town has pretty much everything a gentleman wants in spades. There are great barbershops, pipe and tobacco stores, several stores that have a background in wet shaving, and the best food in the world.

I'm in. All you Midwest guys and your Chicago love... You guys need to come out west to Portland. This town has pretty much everything a gentleman wants in spades. There are great barbershops, pipe and tobacco stores, several stores that have a background in wet shaving, and the best food in the world.

So I've heard, it's high on my places to travel to in the U.S., it's a little sad, the farthest west I've ever been is Oklahoma City...

Top Bottom