What's new

WOW! The Biotique Bio Palmyra is amazing PIF.

Just checked my mail and this was in the box. Can't wait till my shower tonight to try it out. Thanks again! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396303796.236898.jpg

Everybody, don't freak out when you open it up and see the consistency. It's a somewhat thinner cream, that (believe me) doesn't thicken up when tossed into the fridge. When I opened up mine at first ( about 4 months ago) I said " what is this $@&?, and almost threw it out! It will spill if tipped!

One of the best creams made! Glad to see it being tried by more people.

Got a really good lather with it tonight. Took a bit more water than I thought it would have for the consistency of the cream but it worked very well. Really slick cream. Didn't get the green apple smell that everyone else gets, to me it was nearly scent less.

After 2 days of shaving its review time! This will be my first review so I hope I manage to cover all the bases. I have only been shaveing with a DE for just over a month now so I have not had the chance to try too many of the soaps & creams on the market. Thank you Bushhippi for the chance to try this. I changed my routine just for this and did not shave for a day so that I could have one shave with a days worth of growth and the second shave was routine. Felt I needed to put it through its paces.

For my shave I used my Merkur 34c with a new feather blade and my tweezerman best badger brush.

When I first opened the container I noticed a faint scent of apple. I have a petty good nose and felt I could detect an underlying scent that I could only describe as a lotion or moisturizer smell common to a lot of womans beauty products. Hard to describe but not girly. The color is a light goldish/yellow and the texture was very light. I rubbed a smidge on the top of my hand like lotion while I worked on my prep to both make sure I had no reaction and to just get the feel of it. The top of my hand absorbed it very well, felt supple and moistuized, and it left no oily residue.

I placed an amount slightly larger than an almond into my scuttle and started on my lather. This stuff lathers like a dream! I had more than enough for a three pass shave and could gave gone for a forth if needed. I felt guilty when I was done and had to rinse away the rest. While on my face it stayed moist and felt nice. The product was nice and slick withbeach pass. After both missing a day before shaving and shaving daily I had great results with both. My skin was BBS and I was surprised that I required no after shave balm to help moisturize.

I know everyones different and YMMV but I would have to give this product a 10 and look forward to aquiring some to place in my rotation. If you have not tried this yet you should. You will not be dissapointed!

Last edited:
Just had my first shave with this. Prep wasn't the best, I showered and went to a movie, so my 3-day-growth wasn't very softened when I lathered this up.

I put a TINY amount in a wet boar brush and face lathered.

Results? Almost immediate luxurious lather, and lots of it. I let it sit on my face for 10 seconds and shaved away. Great glide. No dragging. A swell shave. I'm impressed. The scent is interesting, kind of a fake apple scent like bubblegum apple. Not unpleasant, different.
Thanks so much for the PIF! I look forward to getting some more shaves in with this, and I anticipate buying some in the not-to-distant future. Nice cream.
Thanks again for your generosity.

Last edited:
Ok, I tried it again and used more product this time. Had much better results. The lather was thicker and slicker than the first time. I got a very good shave with it.

My final thought on it, it's pretty good for the money, though it won't replace TOBS or Proraso in my den.

I think I agree, Rick. Not bad. The scent is kind of earthy, but I do not smell apples. Decent lather, but not as slick as some things in the same price range for me. Thank you so much, Bushhippi, for the opportunity to try this product.

Top Bottom