What's new

Loading injector

Got a couple of pal adjustables. This will be my first attempt at using an injector. Both can without blades in them. I think that makes them harder to load? Is that right? Any trick to it or do I just use brute force on the injector?

Got it. One of the 3 injectors they came with was a little ganky. The other one worked flawlessly. Got them both loaded. One with a stainless pal blade the other with what I guess is a carbon steel pal blade. Just shaved with the carbon steel one. That was a very easy shave. Just notice a little shadow I left in one spot but a couple of other spots that are usually hard to get smooth on my neck are very clean after 3 passes. Not bad for as old as these blades must be. I understand the new Schick blades are better too.

Yes, the new Schick blades are fine, and you won't be disappointed with them. Just be aware that by loading a blade into an empty razor, you run the risk of ruining it by dragging the edge along the blade stop nubs. If that happens, just inject a new blade and keep the bad one as a blank for use if you get another empty razor. Of course, you will have to segregate it from the good ones, and it would be advisable to completely dull the edge for safety's sake.

Didn't seem to hurt the blade today. I didn't notice the cutting edge making contact with anything. Maybe it did though. I couldn't tell from the shave I got. The carbon steel blade seemed to do a fine job. It was really easier to use the a DE razor.

The blade dragging doesn't always happen--I guess you got lucky. It only ever happens when you load a blade into an empty razor--the rest of the time theres no risk. That's why new injector razors were always sold with a dummy blade already in them.

Your preaching to the choir about the ease of use of an injector razor. I use them almost exclusively. The blades last at least twice as long as a DE blade.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
The blade dragging doesn't always happen--I guess you got lucky. It only ever happens when you load a blade into an empty razor--the rest of the time theres no risk. That's why new injector razors were always sold with a dummy blade already in them.

Your preaching to the choir about the ease of use of an injector razor. I use them almost exclusively. The blades last at least twice as long as a DE blade.
Steve; I'm new to injectors and I want to thank you for your help and advice when I was getting started. I acquired a few Hydro-Magics and fortunately some came with a blade installed so reloading was easy. I saved the old blades and got some razors w/o a blade. With an empty Hydro-Magic I open the lever and barely insert an old blade into the left side. Then I close the lever and inject the new blade, pushing out the old. Just pointing out that an empty Hydro-Magic is no problem if you have an old blade.

Top Bottom