What's new

"Necessity is the mother of invention,

"Necessity is the mother of invention,
it is true -- but it's father is creativity,
and knowledge is the midwife."

i got very weary of trying to find a brush holder that would fit the various brushes in my rotation, much less changing them out in my shave den. It needed to hold any size brush I had. Needed to be easy to make and not be way too ugly for my den.

So the "Spring Tension Brush Stand" (Looking for a real name), was born.

$DSCN0751 (Copy).jpg

I began by looking for material that would be easy to form, so brass was the answer. A three ft. piece of 3/16 was first.
Wow, that was seriously difficult to bend into shape but it worked. (Ugly as all get out).

$DSCN0754 (Copy).jpg$DSCN0755 (Copy).jpg$DSCN0756 (Copy).jpg

Version 2 follows........

Hope This Helps.....

Version 2 needed to be a bit easier so 1/8" was the answer.

View attachment 424917$DSCN0759 (Copy).jpg$DSCN0760 (Copy).jpg$DSCN0762 (Copy).jpg

Seeing that the 1/8" was more flimsy, a technique was required to strengthen the spring action.
I used some copper wire, ( couldn't find any brass) and soldered it to the intersection of the base. (See Pics)
I then put a little shrink tubing on areas to be non scratch and WALA !!

Rotation Pics to Follow.

Now all of my brushes have a home when I need them.

Rotation Pics....

$DSCN0766 (Copy).jpg$DSCN0767 (Copy).jpg$DSCN0768 (Copy).jpg$DSCN0769 (Copy).jpg

Brush one is a huge Tubby2, Brush 2 is a normal size Vie-Long Badger, and #3 is a tiny AOS Finger size brush.
As you can see it doesn't matter what size brush, it fits......

This seems to work very well for me.

Thanks for allowing me to show my project.

Dave

Good looking setup and very ingenious on your part but I thought Zappa was the real "Mother of Invention"

proxy.php

Top Bottom