What's new

The "Golden" shave

Lately I've been getting nearly perfect/perfect results with my razor and I was wondering, what razor/blade combination do you use to achieve the perfect "Golden" shave

Mine is my Gillette Aristocrat and Silver blues

I think the question that you ponder is why so many of us part with so much of our money. We are all trying to fine that elusive perfect shave, where every stroke of the blade is as smooth as butter, and as satisfying as good sex.

Today's perfect shave was with Speick on my WD badger, and a Puma #1.

Yesterday's was Mike's Orange, pepper, cedar wood, with my Friodur INOX.

Tomorrow will be a Hart or Filarmonica Doble Temple. Or the Palisander. Maybe the Parker.

Unless I'm not mentally present, they're all good.

There are various razors and blade combos that I can achieve a golden shave with.

Got one just last night with my Fatboy loaded with a Rapira SS blade....

Still this morning it feels like there's never been hair growing there.....

Too close of a shave I think, lol

"Perfection" isn't achievable, so I feel that I can obtain fantastic shaves with many different combinations, but will probably never achieve the "Golden Shave." Currently, I'm enjoying a 1938 British Gillette Aristocrat #15 with a Feather Blade, and JabonMan Ylang Ylang, Pachuli, Naranja soap.

I don't know about perfect, but my Razo-Mission with a Rapira Stainless seems best suited for me thus far. Equally so, a Voskhod in the Rocket. I also discovered Lea cream to work way better for me than Proraso, and Derby cream for it's price actually works very well.

Top Bottom