What's new

2014 Formula 1 Season thread

So with Malaysia coming up this weekend maybe we'll get to see a more representative view of where the cars are, performance wise, up and down the grid. The wider track should at least stop people running into the gravel and each other quite as much. Hoping Bottas can produce something special again. He's certainly seemed the real deal. Maybe we can petition to get Bottas and Hulkenburg in to a front running team, although so far this season maybe Williams are a front running team again.

As for the Bernie sprinkler idea... I actually think that is 1 of his less stupid ideas. I mean if 1 race can get double points, why not have a series of whacky races. Sprinklers 1 week, double points another week, driver and car swap another....

Apparently Red Bull has indicated that they may pull out of F1, I would guess that this is assuming they don't get there way. Well they sure are not Ferrari, so this threat may well fall on deaf ears.

Apparently Red Bull has indicated that they may pull out of F1, I would guess that this is assuming they don't get there way. Well they sure are not Ferrari, so this threat may well fall on deaf ears.

Correct. Everyone knows when the big team stops winning, sponsorship for both there teams will stop. When the money is gone, Newey will be to. The big team will be back to there Jaguar/Stewart days and Toro Rosso will be fighting to stay alive as in the past.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
First three rows dominated by MB,RB, and SF. Not entirely unexpected.

Should be a wild one tomorrow.

ouch

A yawner for MB.

Riccardo has the worst luck- penalized for three races, even though there have only been two.

When will Kimi's head explode?

I enjoyed seeing Massa refuse to yield.

Hulkenberg has another good ride.

Can Alonso win with 19 fourth place finishes?

I enjoyed seeing Massa refuse to yield.

I did not enjoy Bottas being told not to pass Massa in an earlier stage when he seemed to have more of a pace advantage. That more or less defined his race, I think he could have passed Button as well. That was poor judgement and quite uncharacteristic for team Willy. They should have let them race at that point or tell Massa to move and do it in a more diplomatic way. Not: "Your teammate is faster" but: "Your teammate is on a different strategy."

I did not enjoy Bottas being told not to pass Massa in an earlier stage when he seemed to have more of a pace advantage. That more or less defined his race, I think he could have passed Button as well.
I have to agree. Massa was fine with team orders in the first stint, when Bottas pressuring him, but felt that they weren't appropriate at the end of the race? He can't have it both ways.

Personally, I think that when Williams sent the "Valtteri is faster than you" message, it was already too late for Bottas, there didn't seem to be enough laps to get the move done on Button. It should have happened about 5 laps earlier.

ouch

They should have let them race at that point or tell Massa to move and do it in a more diplomatic way. Not: "Your teammate is faster" but: "Your teammate is on a different strategy."

So much depends on the wording.

Mercedes sure seems to have it together.
Looks like Lewis will take his 3rd pp in a row.
That split turbo design does seem to be rather crafty!
I'm interested to see how well Williams do in quali.

That was a great race. I did not expect HAM to stay in front of ROS after his advantage was gone and his teammate was on the stickier tyre.

I am pleased with Mercedes allowing their drivers to fight. The call to split the strategies was a sensible one but maybe not the most entertaining.

I think the one thing that this race has shown is that a safety car to bunch everyone up, 15 laps before the end, is a good way to make a race come alive. Good to see everyone up and down the field actually racing for a change, even if they may not have been flat out the whole time. Great to see Perez on the podium. Although I am not a huge fan of his he was on it all weekend. Good result for Ricciardo too; and he gets to keep the result this time.

ouch

The fact that teams like Williams, Force India, and McLaren are doing better than Red Bull, Ferrari, and Lotus tells you how dominant the Mercedes engine is.

Top Bottom