What's new

Noxema, I Think I Love You.

Just tried the Noxema between passes routine, and I had the best shave EVER...!!! All the complaining about blades tugging, skipping, and dragging...I didn't experience anything like that today. No irritation at all; no redness; no nothing...other than a perfect shave. If I can repeat the results going forward, I've found an absolute winning product. Stay tuned.

Just thought I'd share my loverly experience.

~ Topher

I love noxzema but I use it mainly as a pre-shave I rinse off or as women do in the evenings and as just a facial cleanser. Great that this worked for you. I've had no issue with my way of doing it, but we all have differing faces. Hope you get continued sucess.

Could you explain how you use the noxema for me? I get a slight irritation on my lower neck on the right side and thought what you said could help.

I just started using the the Walmart version as a preshave. Best shaves yet for me. I apply it and leave it on to be covered with my first lather.

Could you explain how you use the noxema for me? I get a slight irritation on my lower neck on the right side and thought what you said could help.

On a wet face, apply Noxema, lather and go WITH the grain, rinse, apply Noxema, lather...then go ACROSS the grain, rinse, Noxema, lather...and finally go AGAINT the grain. I didn't even feel the blade cut the hair. Nice cushion and slick as heck.

I use Noxzema plus moisturizers as my daily pre-shave cleanser, it is the one product that remains constant in every shave. I do rinse it off before lathering though and have always thought about what would happen if I just lathered right on top. Maybe I'll try it out this weekend.

I just started using the the Walmart version as a preshave. Best shaves yet for me. I apply it and leave it on to be covered with my first lather.

I am going out tomorrow and get some and try that tomorrow night. Good idea. You are a genius. lol

On a wet face, apply Noxema, lather and go WITH the grain, rinse, apply Noxema, lather...then go ACROSS the grain, rinse, Noxema, lather...and finally go AGAINT the grain. I didn't even feel the blade cut the hair. Nice cushion and slick as heck.

You lather Noxema face cream with a brush? How does it lather and does it rinse well from the brush?

You lather Noxema face cream with a brush? How does it lather and does it rinse well from the brush?

After I prep/splash/wash my face, I apply a thin layer of Noxema on my face and neck. Then I whip up my lather and apply it on top of the Noxema, then shave. In between passes, I rinse and reapply the thin layer of Noxema, and reapply lather. I do this a total of three times - With, Across, and Against the growth.

Hope that helps.

After I prep/splash/wash my face, I apply a thin layer of Noxema on my face and neck. Then I whip up my lather and apply it on top of the Noxema, then shave. In between passes, I rinse and reapply the thin layer of Noxema, and reapply lather. I do this a total of three times - With, Across, and Against the growth.

Hope that helps.

I got it thanks.

Just got me a tub of classic Noxzema today, gonna give it a shot this weekend! Tomorrow I'm going in for my first barbershop shave though so it can wait! Lol

Just tried the Noxema between passes routine, and I had the best shave EVER...!!! All the complaining about blades tugging, skipping, and dragging...I didn't experience anything like that today. No irritation at all; no redness; no nothing...other than a perfect shave. If I can repeat the results going forward, I've found an absolute winning product. Stay tuned.

Just thought I'd share my loverly experience.

~ Topher
I'm always open to logical ideas to achieve a great shave. I tried this tonight and it works well. I did three passes with my Muhle 2013 R41G. Irritation under the jaw line was less than usual. I did my usual shower routine before my shave. My face was wet an I applied just a small amount to my finger tips, worked it into my two day beard. I applied my Tabac directly over top the Noxzema. After each pass I rinsed by face and reapplied a small amount of Noxzema and Tabac.

I purchased a 12 oz jar at the Dollar General Store for 4.00 dollars. It's Noxzema Classic Clean Original Deep Cleansing Cream. The jar says it tingles and refreshes for soft, smooth skin with eucalyptus. Topher thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Interesting.... I will have to give this a shot....my mom used to slather us up with Noxema if we got to much sun as kids...always felt great...time to get some more

There is different kinds?????

I purchased a 12 oz jar at the Dollar General Store for 4.00 dollars. It's Noxzema Classic Clean Original Deep Cleansing Cream. The jar says it tingles and refreshes for soft, smooth skin with eucalyptus. Topher thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom