What's new

Swiss Pitralon vs. Spanish Floid

After hearing about these two products on this site I got in touch with superlather.com and ordered a bottle of each. I always enjoy getting something that I have never heard of - what I found.

I used both products after close shaves using blade buffing at the end of the shave.

Pitralon - the scent out of the bottle was at first kind of medicinie (is that a word?) but within a few seconds it turned into a old world barbershop scent which was fine. I am terrible at describing scents so I will leave it at that.
There was no burn and left the skin feeling great. You can tell there is ample moisturizing - at first a slight sticky feeling that went away quickly. Unless you have dry skin this should be fine for the day. In short it does what it is suppose to do - the scent is, of course, a matter for you to decide.

Floid - a great finish to a great shave. I had no burn what so ever with this product - I had heard it did. The scent - on the sweet side but still old world barbershop - with some menthol. Very refreshing. Very little moisturizing if any. Within a few minutes skin felt dry - so finished it off with some proraso liquid cream after shave.

Because of the alcohol content of both products I thought there would be way more burn - pleasantly surpised.

If you do wear cologne you will have some clashing of scents for a short time since neither scent lasts more than a hour or two.

I have used after shaves as a body splash in warm weather - the alcohol has a cooling affect on the skin which is quite refreshing. The Floid would be great for that.

I have both of these and enjoy using them both. But I've found that I prefer Floid blue vs. standard Italian Floid. I found that unless I'm very careful in how much I use, Regular Floid ended up being too powdery scented, and made me sneeze througout the day.

The Swiss P is very good, and your description is right on. I've also found it has some fairly good healing qualities. The scent is good, but it definitely changes once it's applied.

I enjoy both, too. The Swiss P stays on me for about 30 minutes then goes away. I only wish it would last longer.

Top Bottom