What's new

Biggest score I think I'll ever have

So I was cruising craigslist this past week and came across the biggest find ever (for me).

$razors.jpg

Notable brands include:

two Henckels (one with a covered tang), Otto Deutsch hans, two Joseph Rodgers, Boker Red Injun, two greaves, Dubl Duck Satinedge, Wade and butcher (one wedge one half hollow), Maher Grosh, a few union cutlerys, two gencos, Es Ex, Randall Hall, JR torrey, many various US razors made in germany, and many more other names.

How'd I do?:001_cool:

So you're the guy! I saw that the other day and tried to contact the seller. You're a lucky man.

Seller was asking $1500 on craigslist.

Yes I do live in Memphis. And I can assure yall that I talked the seller down from the steep 1500 price--I got a great deal on it IMO.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them though. I clearly don't need 80 razors. I'm probably going to keep two or three of them, sell some of the nicer ones, I might try to sell some of the cheaper value brands at cost to someone like larry or another B&B vendor so that they can work their magic and sell them to new straight shavers. And then there are like 15 of them that have small cracks and/or chips, or a fair amount of rusting, or even broken scales that I'll probably try to sell as a lot for parts, some of them have intricate/cool scales.

Not really trying to profit from this purchase... its just, you know... you see 80 razors at a great price and the SRAD starts to get to you and you have to buy it.

Top Bottom