What's new

European Ink Recommendations?

Not to hijack the thread, but I understood that Americans like much less "dense" bread than Europeans? You might be in for a surprise then :wink2:
No surprise here...I've been married to a Swiss woman for over 20 years and we've made several trips back to her home country. The threat of starvation is the only thing that would make me eat fluffy, tasteless American-style bread. Fortunately, we do have some good bakeries around with decent bread and I've been known to do some baking myself!

Check out Landolt Arbenz on the Bahnhofstrasse in Zürich- they have a good selection of gear (although it is anything but cheap) and there is also a Montblanc Boutique further up the road.
Thanks, David! I'm almost sure I'll be in Zurich for shopping (My wife never misses the opportunity!) and I will definitely check out the Landolt-Arbenz shop. I seriously doubt if I'll be buying anything there, but like everything on the Bahnhofstrasse, it's fun to look!

Check out Landolt Arbenz on the Bahnhofstrasse in Zürich- they have a good selection of gear (although it is anything but cheap) and there is also a Montblanc Boutique further up the road.

I'm baaaaaack! :w00t:

Just got home late last night from an exhausting trip to Switzerland (the return trip was an airline horror story from the start), but I did get the chance to see the Landolt Arbenz shop in Zurich. It was quite impressive, to say the least. Despite innumerable temptations, I was able to escape with just their last two bottles of Pelikan Blue-Black ink. (They assured me that more was on the way, so not to worry.) A 30 ml bottle was 6.50 Swiss Francs (about 7.50 US Dollars) so not too bad. They have a huge variety of fountain pens, mostly high-end models, and the staff is extremely friendly and willing to let you test anything you like. The Frau and I spent about an hour in there, but in the end, the prices of the pens were still considerably more than I found either online or in a U.S.-based store. It was still a great experience, and if I return to Zurich, I will definitely visit them again. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom