What's new

Razorock xx old lady smell?

Has anyone else tried the razorock new xx soap I just got a tub and maybe im crazy but it kinda smells like my grandmas powder bowl idk its literally my first purchase of a quality soap in very much a noob but just wondering

De gustibus non est disputandum.....
(Fanciful way of saying YMMV)

But it is my favorite scent in shave soaps to date. I would be happy to dispose of that for you, jump on that grenade, so to speak :)

I have it. I think it smells wonderful. And I would call the scent masculine. Not at all an old lady scent to my nose.

XX was in my first RazoRock order. I have a sample and wish I went for the full tub. I get a citrus, floral and something I can't describe. Light and fresh. My grandmother mainly smelled like Italian cooking.

I also cannot vouch for what your grandmother smells like, but I think XX is a very classic masculine scent. If you are looking for something a little more modern, maybe give Razorock Son of Zeus a try. It smells like Terre d'Hermes cologne (wonderful).

I jumped the gun after two shaves I really love this stuff I apologize to rr for a misinformed critique

Fresh Tabac smells like powder to me, I never got any of the tabacco from it. It ages and smells a lot less like powder, but it's still there a bit. Haven't tried XX, but if it's a tabac-esque scent, I could understand why.

I too think this is a floral, less masculine scent, but for some reason I really enjoy it. I also find One X to be down the same lines, but don't enjoy that one quite as much. Either way they are great performers.

Many soap companies that have been around for years make rose and lavender scented soaps which many men would probably consider less masculine, but maybe at one time that was considered an "old man" smell.

Top Bottom