What's new

Game Over

The best razor for me is a NEW with a Derby blade. A surprisingly close second was my Merkur long handled open comb (25C.)

Elephant not shown actual size.

That is a great shaving razor for sure. I have enjoyed mine very much as well.
How did you get that Elephant so small? :lol:

I have a ball-handled NEW - one of my favourite razors.

Also, nice that you can still find them in good condition for reasonable prices.

The best razor for me is a NEW with a Derby blade. A surprisingly close second was my Merkur long handled open comb (25C.)

Elephant not shown actual size.
That is a nice looking razor!

I think technically that razor is either a New Standard or New Improved. It might even be an Old Style head with a Tuckaway handle. The NEW razors do not have the three hole design, they have a slot along the underside of the head to center the blade.

Oh, one other thing - the case might be a mismatch. The Goodwill razors were inexpensive models Gillette gave away when they were changing blade types. What you have pictured looks like a more upscale razor.

Try this link:

http://www.shaveworld.org/shaveworl...select2=&select3=&select4=&select5=&select6=0

Regardless, glad you have found "the one"!

Beautiful razor. I too am a big NEW fan. I threw a feather in one of mine last night, amazing experience. I am sold.

That is a nice looking razor!

I think technically that razor is either a New Standard or New Improved. It might even be an Old Style head with a Tuckaway handle. The NEW razors do not have the three hole design, they have a slot along the underside of the head to center the blade.

Oh, one other thing - the case might be a mismatch. The Goodwill razors were inexpensive models Gillette gave away when they were changing blade types. What you have pictured looks like a more upscale razor.

Try this link:

http://www.shaveworld.org/shaveworl...select2=&select3=&select4=&select5=&select6=0

Regardless, glad you have found "the one"!

:thumbup1:

Top Bottom