What's new

Desk toys.

When I had the big office at work I had a LOT of office stuff around. Some people would come in just to look at the items. My favorite, which has made it to the current, smaller, more Spartan setup, is a miniature Bradley Fighting Vehicle. For most of you, who probably have no idea what that is, if you civilian looked at one for the first time, you would probably call it a "tank" until the Soldiers came out the back of it.

When I had the big office at work I had a LOT of office stuff around. Some people would come in just to look at the items. My favorite, which has made it to the current, smaller, more Spartan setup, is a miniature Bradley Fighting Vehicle. For most of you, who probably have no idea what that is, if you civilian looked at one for the first time, you would probably call it a "tank" until the Soldiers came out the back of it.

It came with little GIB's?

I mean the real thing typically has muldoons in back.

No, the toy did not, though that would be neat. It was 1/72, maybe a bit bigger than Matchbox car sized.

I just got a Mr Peabody bobble head at McDonalds. I loved him and Sherman and the whole cast on the Rocky and Friends show.

I was kind of thinking of a motorcycle. At various times, I think that guy got mixed in with Micronauts, Star Wars action figures, and Buck Rogers action figures. Maybe some GI Joes a bit later. So I guess he might have been from around '77 or '78. Hard to say -- my memories from that time are pretty dim.

He came with a motorcycle a sidecar and I believe another guy came with him. It's been a while I can't remember.
I do remember using the living room as the backdrop for many outdoor venues when it was too cold outside. We would tip over furniture and use pillows as cushions for whatever! It was some cool stuff!
Sigh....
Somedays I really miss being a kid...

I was kind of thinking of a motorcycle. At various times, I think that guy got mixed in with Micronauts, Star Wars action figures, and Buck Rogers action figures. Maybe some GI Joes a bit later. So I guess he might have been from around '77 or '78. Hard to say -- my memories from that time are pretty dim.

Ah the good ole days!

I have this on my desk at work.
proxy.php

I've got 3 Homestar Runner figurines that were given to me to watch over when my good friend and co worker went to take different jobs outside of our department. Every time he went to take a contract outside our department he would give me one of the characters to put on my desk. He had the whole set.

So the first contract he gave me Homestar Runner. Next contract was Coach Z then Bubs.
On his last contract out of the office he died of pancreatic cancer. It hit hard and fast.

He never got the chance to come back and claim his figurines back.

They sit on the ledge of my window by my desk at work.

No one ever touches them. They all know how much they mean to me.

Not permitted toys or anything that may be construed as fun on my desk at work. In addition to parts, pens, razors etc. at home I have the little peanut my wife bought me a few years back.

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 93
I have a Peanuts-Snoopy figure that has an empty balloon (dialog box) on which you stick stickers on. It comes with 8 different stickers to stick on with different messages from snoopy. Nothing active/powered like that cool gizmo!

Also I always keep stress balls or baoding balls at my desk (home and at work).

Top Bottom