What's new

Noxema Sensitive Shaving Cream & Aloe Shaving Cream

Has anyone used the Noxema Sensitive Shaving Cream, the one in the red can, or the Noxema Aloe & lanolin Shaving Cream, the one in the green can? It can usually be bought at Walgreen's or Albertson's. I know that no one really likes to use canned stuff, but I've heard good things about Noxema, I was just going to get some to use in the shower when I'm in a quick pinch.

Has anyone used the Noxema Sensitive Shaving Cream, the one in the red can, or the Noxema Aloe & lanolin Shaving Cream, the one in the green can? It can usually be bought at Walgreen's or Albertson's. I know that no one really likes to use canned stuff, but I've heard good things about Noxema, I was just going to get some to use in the shower when I'm in a quick pinch.

Ok at best - as I've just posted in the forum asking whether there's anything in the can that works as well as a good soap/cream, my personal experience is that the only foam in a can that I like is the Proraso. I think the gels are better and that Aveeno, Neutrogena and Nivea are top of the class (but still not as good as a good soap or cream).

Hope this helps.

I picked up a can of the Noxzema Sensitive this past weekend. I've only used it once, but I can already tell that I like it better than any other canned product I've used. That includes Colgate, Barbasol, Gillette, Nivea gel, and Aveeno.

The cream is less foamy than barbasol and far less goopy than aveeno. It resembles a more tradition lather IMO. It provides a slight tingle and softens the beard nicely leaving it slick after rinsing. It smells similar to Barbasol original.

It was available locally for $2.19 a can.

Noxzema Sensitive Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Dimethicone

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Isobutane, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauramide DEA, Coconut Acid, Propane, Sodium Hydroxide, PVP, Fragrance, FD&C Blue 1

I've never used Proraso Shave Foam before, however I don't intend to as it cost $10 with $5 dollars shipping. It also contains far too many ingredients that I try to avoid in shaving creams.

Proraso Shave Foam Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Butane, Laureth-23, Sodium Lauryl Sulfae, Propylene Glycol, Eucalytpol, Eucalyptus Globulus, Propane, Isobutane, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Menthol, Camphor, Parfum (Fragrance), Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium Metasilicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT.

Top Bottom