What's new

switching avatars as often as switching blades

Does anyone ever change their avatar? I was getting a little tired of mine so I went with a photo of Jimmy Stewart. A great actor, I love the hat, love the movie (Vertigo), love the city that it was filmed in, and really love the style of the period. Big cars, cheap gas, elbow length white gloves on women, and not a rancid whiff of Paris Hilton or Amy Winehouse.:biggrin:

I'm already looking at new avatars that fit my outlook on life. I try to keep the same ones on all the forums I frequent so friends can spot me easily. At the moment it's Lt. Ellis from the tv series UFO. That was my favorite show and she was cute. :001_smile
Ernest

Edit: What analog_kid said disturbed me, so I've changed my avatar to something more fitting. Big brother, Big E, whats the difference.

Does anyone ever change their avatar? I was getting a little tired of mine so I went with a photo of Jimmy Stewart. A great actor, I love the hat, love the movie (Vertigo), love the city that it was filmed in, and really love the style of the period. Big cars, cheap gas, elbow length white gloves on women, and not a rancid whiff of Paris Hilton or Amy Winehouse.:biggrin:

I changed my avatar a lot my first month here. I stick with the NY now because I'd drive myself crazy if I actually switched it everytime I got the idea to do so.

Every month or so. I was the Atlas statue for about my first six months.

I tend to read a user's posts in the voice of their avatar if it's applies. Ouch's are always fun.:biggrin: So, feel free to read my posts in Carl's voice. Frick! :lol:

I make a strong connection between the forum member and his/her avatar. It identifies the person and becomes a part of his online personality. I'm a visual person and since we cannot see faces around here I depend on the avatar for my orientation. Avatar switching just confuses me. :confused1

I've changed mine once on the forum from a picture taken over fields near my house to 2 Superspeeds on top of each other to better reflect what I'm doing on the forum... gaining an insight into the world of DE shaving. I think I will keep this avatar from now on as I see no need to change it at all.

I make a strong connection between the forum member and his/her avatar. It identifies the person and becomes a part of his online personality. I'm a visual person and since we cannot see faces around here I depend on the avatar for my orientation. Avatar switching just confuses me. :confused1

+1, big time

Top Bottom