What's new

Vitamin E oil ... is it greasy ?

Its a bit OTT putting vitamin e oil on your face neat, try diluting it with grapeseed oil and only use a small amount.

I'd recomend against putting such a strong concentration neat on your skin. It will be greasy, and may well clog the pores. If you are looking for strong medicine, perhaps you should address your technique of shaving first.

Finally, the oil will go rancid very rapidly, as the vitamin E breaks down. Use wheatgerm oil if you must, as the concentration of Vit E is not wildly high, and keep it in the fridge. Buy the smallest bottle possible and use within a few weeks- use it up as salad dressing too as it is very nutritious.

Avoid synthetic vit E, the processes are rather hit and miss and many products contain way too much beta tocopherol, which can worsen oxidative damage rather than reduce it.

In the past I've used rosehip oil as a nighttime moisturizer and it works fine. It's a bit greasy if you use too much, but if you use it in moderation it works fine.

Still considering getting some jojoba as I've read it's very close to our skins natural sebum.

"neat" means by itself, w/o being mixed or diluted w/ anything else.
Like a Scotch neat is a glass of Scotch w/ no ice or soda/water

"neat" means by itself, w/o being mixed or diluted w/ anything else.
Like a Scotch neat is a glass of Scotch w/ no ice or soda/water

Thanks, I can see that now....neat usually means clean, organized, so I can see that definition fitting

My "pre-bed cocktail" consists primarily of Jojoba oil, which is absolutely fantastic stuff by itself. If you haven't tried it, you're missing out. A couple of weeks back, however, I mixed up some Jojoba with Vitamin E oil and a splash of Tea Tree oil. When I wake up in the morning my skin feels wonderful!

I agree that the Vitamin E oil by itself would be a little overpowering, perhaps even harmful, in the same way that Tea Tree Oil by itself can irritate skin. However, when both of them are diluted with Jojoba, it is quite nice.

Top Bottom