What's new

How does your Writing Den look like?

proxy.php

you know that is really a nice setup...nless you're left handed....and not a child's size....

My little desk, not the best in the world, but more than adequate for my chicken scratches.

$SL374160.jpg

Also my typewriter, only thing is a spell check would be nice, but then that's why I have a dictionary in the drawer :lol:

$SL374161.jpg

Andy, are those seals in the second to left column? Those are awesome!

Thanks, have a small collection of wax seals, all are stock designs, except the rear left, which is a custom with my name and a heraldic eagle.

A letter without a seal, is like a pen without a nib, incomplete.

$2014-03-12 19.16.11.jpg

Ah, nice nice! By stock design I presume they are just a letter such as 'S' or something similar, for your initials. Or am I misunderstanding?

Ouch, Dries asked about our writing dens... not our our thinking dens.

View attachment 423427Copy of Gen. Thomas (Stonewall) Jackson's field desk. Used while teaching at the Virginia Military Institute prior to the Civil War. It was used in the field until he was mortally wounded at Chancellorsville in 1863. I had it made in Kentucky in1998. Is was based on photos of the actual dest located at VMI.
Beautiful desk!!!

My little desk, not the best in the world, but more than adequate for my chicken scratches.

View attachment 423531

Nice Ackerman Ink bottles!

Ah, nice nice! By stock design I presume they are just a letter such as 'S' or something similar, for your initials. Or am I misunderstanding?

Close, I do have the letter A, but the others are designs, like a compass, oak tree, fleur de lis, etc.

Check out Nostalgic Impressions for examples.

Last edited:
Attached are some photographs of my 'writing den'. I cleared it up loads in order to be able to post a picture here :laugh:

The desk itself was my great-grandfather's (mother's mother's father) and the probably indistinguishable chest in the bottom left of the desk belonged to my great-grandfather (father's father's father) so, yeah, that's a bit interesting :p Both are reaching around 100 years of age :scared:

The pen is a Parker Model 45 Flighter with an "F" nib. It's my grandfather's I think.

Also, the tea is there because you can't reasonably be expected to write with a fifty* year old pen on a hundred years old desk without some Earl Grey to calm your nerves :p

*Request to fountain pen experts: How old is that pen? I can't seem to find any date codes or anything.

Attachments

• $DSCN4103.jpg
    $DSCN4103.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 81
  • $DSCN4104.jpg
    $DSCN4104.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 82
  • $DSCN4108.jpg
    $DSCN4108.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 81
  • $DSCN4109.jpg
    $DSCN4109.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 81
  • $DSCN4111.jpg
    $DSCN4111.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 81
We live in a one bedroom apartment. Room is at a premium, the kitchen table doubles as a writing area also in the kitchen. There is just enough room for some storage for pens and inks.

Attachments

• $IMG_0092.jpg
    $IMG_0092.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 74
You could always go the custom route.

Most places will put anything you wish on a seal, you just need to supply them with an image of it.

Found a place in Australia that does custom jobs. Shipping would probably be killer. Wanna just bring it by my place next time you're in town? :lol:

Found a place in Australia that does custom jobs. Shipping would probably be killer. Wanna just bring it by my place next time you're in town? :lol:

Ok, on the way :scooter: :biggrin1:

Perhaps check out Nostalgic Impressions, $65 for a basic die if I remember correctly.
However, they won't do if it's trademarked, etc.

If you are ordering from Aus, shipping should be around $20, I would think (under 500g/17oz). But yep, Australia Post is expensive.

Top Bottom