What's new

EJ DE89 vs Weber PH

No contest, Weber for me. I guess I'm in the minority her, but the EJ DE89 did not work for me. If fact, I sold it after a few months.

I have owned and used both. I found that if the same handle were used with both razors the resulting shave was almost identical. Not enough difference to note either way. However, if you use the the Weber PH and the De89 each with their original handle, the Weber is much more efficient ... no doubt due to the increased weight. Stainless will certain last longer than the EF zamak, but quality control seems to be better with the EJ line vs Weber. Both are great razors.

I like the R89 w/bulldog handle better than the Weber, but just slightly. I get a smoother, more comfortable shave with the R89 (that's my on-the-road razor set up).

I like the R89 w/bulldog handle better than the Weber, but just slightly. I get a smoother, more comfortable shave with the R89 (that's my on-the-road razor set up).

I have actually been noticing the same lately. I can do a 3 pass with the DE89 - Weber handle and have no irritation. With the Weber head I usually have a couple trouble spots.

I sold my 89 and exclusively use my Weber. Now I'm planning to get an 89 again. I miss the slightly milder feel.

If you get a good one (that is, if the Weber holds the blade straight and has a straight top-cap)
Weber for me was more efficient and more comfortable, both. Yes, more so than the DE89 with the Weber handles, too.

I have not used a Merkur 34c.

I have Brave Heart head with Ikon bulldog handle - very interesting combination ! If r89 3 of 10, so BH 6 of 10 ( near to 37c slant bar ).

Top Bottom