What's new

hair styling....help

Hi all

I am in the need of help...I am now using hair care from Truefitt&Hill, the hair management pomade and hair cream from Trumper. But, I am not happy with them.

My hair is very brushy, like a shaving brush:blushing:.....any good styling to get? What about hairl tonic? No hold in it?

Vegard_dino

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
What about hairl tonic? No hold in it?

Vegard_dino

There is very little 'hold' in hair tonic. If you have stiff, coarse hair and want to make it stay where you put it (lie flat, Faux Hawk, &c) then hair tonic isn't your best bet.

Truefitt & Hill C.A.R (without oil) hair cream. Amazing.

I also own the GFT Limes hair cream and agree that it is rather weak. It contains what seem to be plastics - much like a hair gel.

What i would suggest is the T&H CAR hair cream, beautifully simple and natural, yet works well. Put it on wet or damp, let it dry. If you dont like the hold, simply redefine with your fingertips and you should have a more natural look - it appears to brush out, but retains a fair bit of hold. Some follow up with a bit of tonic sprayed on at this stage. If i find i need an extra bit of hold after i've calmed my curls with the CAR, i use a wee spot of Jonathan Product Dirt to define and finish - the result is good hold and definition, with very little sign of product. Or i might use Jonathan Product Curl Definer in place of the CAR. Sometimes just CAR on its own. However i must urge that everyone has different hair, and as such finds a different routine to suit them personally. I would suggest that you look around the reviews section where i reviewed Truefitt and Hill's CAR.

Finally, you could try some cheap but well-liked products such as Clubman Pinaud Styling Gel and Tonics and also Pashana, however i haven't tried any of these myself.

I use Jeris and find it gives all the control I need. Just apply to wet hair, comb and let it dry. Before I walk out the door I run a comb through my hair. For a few bucks, Jeris is hard to beat, IMHO.

...My hair is very brushy, like a shaving brush:blushing:.....any good styling to get? What about hairl tonic? No hold in it?

Are we talking this bad? better? worse?

proxy.php

Truefitt & Hill C.A.R (without oil) hair cream. Amazing.

- the result is good hold and definition, with very little sign of product.

Wow that does sound amazing. I have very fine, straight, longish hair, and generally don't use any products because they either look greasy or have those stiff gel-like lines.

Would you guys recommend this product for such hair, or is it more for curly or coarse hair.

It doesnt specify any hair type. My hair is curly, but i expect that it is a good all-rounder as a lot of guys on this forum sing its praises! my nephew loves it too and he has straight hair. Mine is medium length. While some products are only good for short hair, CAR works well. It's a very versatile product. i think a dab in anyone's wet or damp hair should tame and give a nice hold. Running your fingers through it again to re-define when dry is a good way to if you just want to tame your hair without obvious product in it, and it still has some hold and a nice finish.

I have very curly hair and the best product I've EVER used (and I've used alot) was ICE. You can usually pick it up at the super market or local beauty supply store. Its got great hold and doesnt make your hair look greasy. The second best think you could buy is a Wahl razor and shave it off.

I use american crew fiber. Most people who have switched to it don't go back (among my acquaintances), not greasy at all. I've used the ICE stuff mentioned and it makes my hair crusty. Then again, I just dislike gels in general.

Top Bottom