What's new

Pre Shower Proraso

I have been DE shaving for about 8 days so far, each day the shaves are getting better. As I have learned on the B&B beard reduction is the way to go. I have being using the AOS line of products for years and continue to so now. However now on the second, third and sometimes fourth pass I have been applying Prosaso before re-lathering. I find it easy to have the jar open on a shelf and just run a few fingers across the top and apply. This lead to a thought has anyone put Proraso on about an hour before shaving prior to taking a shower. I was thinking of trying this. Once in the shower as part of my normal routine would wash my face with very hot water and cleansing with Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash. After the shower I would apply AOS pre-shave oil and AOS cream or soap depending on my mode.
Any thoughts.
Thanks

I'm not sure how things would work out over the space of an hour. I like to give the Proraso Pre/Post around 3-5 minutes to do its thing. I'm not sure how much effect it has on the hair, but I do believe that it can help to moisturize the skin a bit which can certainly help improve the shave.

I actually have been know (to me, anyway) to use a small daub of Proraso (the shave cream, no pre/post) and rub in before I start to build my lather, let it sit and do it's thing, then lather on top of it. Don't know if it actually does anything, but I like to think it does :rolleyes:

Well it smells nice (to me) at the worst. I think it does help my shave. I put some Proraso on near the end of a shower, or after warming my face a few times with a warm washcloth, then I let it soak in while I get my lather ready. Very nice! I don't know about putting some more on between passes - maybe if I had some Proraso shave cream it would sound more appealing.

Austin

Top Bottom