What's new

preppy

I have a Lamy Safari in black with a 1.1 mm nib as my daily driver. I have also been playing with other cheap pens for the nib and pen combos I find interesting. My wife also now uses a Safari in a medium nib. She has taken a fondness to a cheap preppy I eyedroppered. She loves the fine point. I find it scratchy, but to each his own (or hers).

I recently made an order and included a couple of Preppys. I was quite annoyed at how slow to start all my other pens were, since I use them so infrequently. My Lamy always seems to work, but the others I have sitting around for special purposes take several minutes to get started. The Preppy has a great cap system that keeps it from drying out so I am now carry it at work (along with my Safari) for those infrequent times when I need a really fine point.

Does anyone have experience with the Plaisirs? I understand their cap is the same, but the pen materials are better.

I've never used a Plaisir, but I've had a Preppy eyedroppered with Parker Quink Washable black (vintage), for well over 6 months. I may go weeks without writing with it. I've never once had an issue with it starting right away. As an added bonus, it's one of the Preppy's that came free with certain bottles of Noodler's ink, so it doesn't have any of the cheesy logo on the barrel.

I have one of those non-logo ones as well from a Noodler's purchase. I started to take some acetone to the logo, but it will mar the plastic. Maybe I just need to order more ink instead?

Top Bottom