What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I'm excited to use up a bunch of soap so I can justify buying more of Rod's scents. I felt like I got a lot of them, but there are so...many...more...!!

I am dying to try MITA, Anise, PaP, Grapefruit, Lemony Orange, Bonaparte, Lavender Sage, Bergamot Lavender, Black Cherry, Scots Pine, Black Cumin and Orange.

Oh, and I want to try the rest of them too these are just the top of my list right now. Does Rod give a discount for volume sample purchases? I wonder how many orders are "give me one sample of every soap" That's a great Christmas idea, actually! :)

I understand completely, Rod makes it hard to not order soaps what with all of the scent options.

Just tried the MITA, wow that is fantastic, cushion,slickness,scent all A +. Also just tried the Grapfruit. Performed great as usual with one caveat. I hated the scent, one and done for this sample unfortunately.

Please excuse me for derailing a soap thread, but I'm wondering who has tried any of the Stirling aftershaves and what you think of them. For aftershave I just use a splash of unscented witch hazel followed by a big splash of Osage Rub, and that's not likely to change any time soon, but sometimes I'll use an aftershave as a cologne if it has a lasting scent. Do any of the Stirling ***?

I'm coming to find I'm not a fan of witch hazel based aftershaves. Can't wait to try an alcohol splash from stirling once they're out of the testing phase.

I'm PIF-fing my lemon chill. I do have a bottle of Ben franklin that I'm going to finish. But that's just because I feel like I need to. I actually enjoy the scent, while it lasts... There's just something missing. And not just the sting... It's hard to explain. It just doesn't feel right. Nothing against stirling, I think I would probably feel this way about any witch hazel AS.

When it comes to AS bang for the buck, I've yet to find anything beating aqua velva or clubman. But... For the variety of scents, I look to Stirling. I can't wait for the lavender sage to be back in stock.

Ok, so I went Stirling crazy. Here is what I bought thanks to this thread!

Barbershop Shave Soap and Bath Soap
Sharp Dressed Man Shave Soap and Bath Soap
Scots Pine Sheep Soap Shave Soap and Bath Soap
Ozark Mountain Shave Soap and Pig Trail Bath Soap
Stirling Clubman Shave Soap
Glacial Wintergreen Shave Soap
Glacial Spearmint Shave Soap
Glacial Obsidian Shave Soap
Mentha Scrub Bath Soap
Sheep Bath Soap
Shea Butter Bath Soap
Naked and Smooth Bath Soap
Plumeria Bath Soap
Lime Bath Soap

I must say that first I have way too many shave soaps but for the price it was worth smelling everything because some I thought would be my favorite I do not like and some I never thought I would have liked are some of the best. I will sell/PIF the stuff I do not like.

I must say the biggest shocker is how much I love Ozark Mountain and Scots Pine Sheep Soap.

If anyone has questions on the scents ill be happy to answer.

I finished a full puck of Barbershop! First lather was on March 24 and last lather was last night. I did a few test lathers (3 or 4) to determine water amounts, etc. I shave my face daily and my head at least every other day. The soap just got better and better the more I used it. It never failed to deliver thick and slick lather, except for a couple of failed bowl lather experiments. All in all, I think the soap cost about 12 cents per shave - if even that much.

I finished a full puck of Barbershop! First lather was on March 24 and last lather was last night. I did a few test lathers (3 or 4) to determine water amounts, etc. I shave my face daily and my head at least every other day. The soap just got better and better the more I used it. It never failed to deliver thick and slick lather, except for a couple of failed bowl lather experiments. All in all, I think the soap cost about 12 cents per shave - if even that much.

I love the barbershop, im working through a sample right now and when it hits bottom I will be ordering a full puck. Will bring my current shave soap inventory to 24

Well, used Glacial-Obsidian for the first time yesterday. Holy frozen frijoles! Is it just me, or does this seem to be even colder than the original run of Glacial?! This isn't shave soap; it's a topical anesthetic! Lather was a little thinner than I am used to from Stirling soaps, but still very acceptable. I do notice that the smell of the menthol comes through the anise, something that did not happen with Black Ice. I may set this aside for the truly hot months, when I can more fully appreciate it. I lie it, but wow... That's cold!

Well, used Glacial-Obsidian for the first time yesterday. Holy frozen frijoles! Is it just me, or does this seem to be even colder than the original run of Glacial?! This isn't shave soap; it's a topical anesthetic! Lather was a little thinner than I am used to from Stirling soaps, but still very acceptable. I do notice that the smell of the menthol comes through the anise, something that did not happen with Black Ice. I may set this aside for the truly hot months, when I can more fully appreciate it. I lie it, but wow... That's cold!

Quite right. See my earlier post on it!

Just tried my Port au Prince sample. Very nice scent--earthy, grassy, with a nice bright overtone of lemongrass. It lathered up, in just about half the time of the standard soaps, and thicker. Very nice!

Top Bottom