What's new

Do you feel guilty not liking popular products?

I am fairly new to wetshaving and have been trying lots of products. Obviously I have started with the most recommended and some I absolutely love while others I can't stand. For instance I bought shulton old spice cream and aftershave. I really dislike the scent. The thing is old spice is like a staple for wetshaving and has tons of history. I feel guilty not liking it. Am I the only one? There are too many great products to worry but I do. Any highly regarded products you just can't get along with?

I haven't used many products, VDH glycerine (great!), AOS sandalwood (awesome), Proraso red (WOW AMAZING) and Williams mug (horrible results) I wouldn't say Williams mug is popular though. Although there is a cult following on here :lol:

You use what works for you! No worries, ill pm you with my address and you can send them my way LMAO!! :lol:

Last edited:
The only product catagory I have a absolute favorite in is witch hazel. Thayers is the only brand I like. But I do occasionally try others. I just haven't found any others that compare. There is nothing I can't get along without and nothing I won't try at least one time.

There are several "popular" products that I don't care for. Old Spice and Brut are a couple of them. I don't think they are bad products, just not something I'm interested in. I don't feel guilty for not liking them but then again I've never been one to do things just to fit in.

I feel no guilt what-so-ever. Just because certain products may be popular with a majority of shavers, still doesn't make them work any better for me.

No reason to feel guilty, it's just a product. Many people decide not to buy a product because of the name, scent, or some random ingredient, be it because of an allergy or not.

If you don't like a food no matter how you try it, you don't feel bad there just don't eat it. Same thing here.

I actually decided to stop buying things just because most people like them. I'll get them if I think I'll like them too, but I ordered MWF and Speick based on their popularity alone and was underwhelmed. I like them, but I don't love them.

No reason for guilt, everyone is an individual with individual tastes. Arko gets tons of love here and I can't figure out why...

We like what we like and that is why there so many different soaps and scents, I've tried some very popular soaps and they just don't work for me, I don't feel bad at all. There are plenty of soaps and creams out there for everyone.

I don't feel guilty at all. However, I do read a lot of reviews and descriptions to get a good feel of what to purchase next.

If I used Old Spice, Clubman, or Bay Rum my wife would never come near me, so I never use them and I'm happier for it. I don't mind using more flowery smelling things if my wife finds them attractive.

Top Bottom