What's new

Rhodia Drive

So, I have been burning through sheets of miscellaneous notebook paper that is between ten and twenty years old, to the tune of about a hundred pages a month or so, in spare moments. I've gone through three entire notebooks out here, and there's been a benefit. My handwriting has gone from abysmal to legible and while I think I will never be an artiste, I expect I may break into the 'here, you have good handwriting, you write this' rank, or very nearly. There's still a bit of variation in the size of the letters from line to line and a few bad habits I want to break.

My last Goulet purchase included a medium-sized Rhodia notebook. I agreed with myself that 'after I finish this last notebook, I will write on something a bit nicer to see what that's like.'

I've used the small Rhodia as a logbook for flying hours, but you don't really appreciate the smoothness of the paper, the feel of the nib on the paper, and the complete lack of feathering until you're writing sentences on this thing. This was, in fact, a terrible mistake, because five pages of longhand into this bad boy, and I don't want to go back to the aged Mead Composition books.

The funny thing is, it's not as if the Rhodias are a great expense. These notebooks are only a few dollars apiece. Leaves me to wonder what else I'm missing!

tl;dr--
Life's too short for crappy paper.

Currently working my way through 2 Rhodia Webbies. I will be picking up another one as I get closer to finishing up my main journal. It has everything that drew me to the Moleskein, and is fountain pen friendly.

Top Bottom