What's new

PAL INJECTOMATIC Question

Hey Folks,

Since switching over to injectors from DE I'm happy to say I just love my Schick type I. It is just right as it is between mild and aggressive. With that in mind, how are the Pal Injectomatics? Are they similar to a I or E etc.?

Thanks.

In my experience, the Injectomatic shaves just like my Type G Schick. That makes it a superb razor. Also, in my experience, I can't tell the difference between a Type G and a Type I, so to me, the Injectomatic also shaves like a Type I.

Last edited:
In my experience, the Injectomatic shaves just like my Type G Schick. That makes it a superb razor. Also, in my experience, I can't tell the difference between a Type G and a Type I, so to me, the Injectomatic also shaves like a Type I.

Just picked up minutes ago an Injectomatic on EBAY. I'll give it a try in a week or so.

Thanks for the input.

I would say Yes, the Pal Injectomatic shaves similar the the Schick G and I injectors. The main difference is the feel of the handle. I prefer the Schick handles. They seem a bit more comfortable. YMMV of course.

Just picked up minutes ago an Injectomatic on EBAY. I'll give it a try in a week or so.

Thanks for the input.

Well got it last week and tried it a few times. It was a "Good News, Bad News" experience. First the "Good News", the handle feels great in my hand and the razor is easy to control. The "Bad News" is my "Schick Type I" just gives me a closer and smoother shave.

Of course YMMV.

Well got it last week and tried it a few times. It was a "Good News, Bad News" experience. First the "Good News", the handle feels great in my hand and the razor is easy to control. The "Bad News" is my "Schick Type I" just gives me a closer and smoother shave.

Of course YMMV.
A new-to-me, good condition Injectomatic just came in the mail today. I'd decided to try to recapture more of 1958 than I currently recall. There was an injector with an Ivory handle, either a Schick I-1, or one of this model Pal razor that was what I bought as a first safety razor I bought for myself, after mostly suffering with electric razors during my 16th and 17th years.

So far, I'm getting no mental pictures to match what I've just unpacked, more's the pity . .

I'll try it out tomorrow.

My personal experience with Injectors remains limited to 50s-70s, of which an E and a G seemed much the same regarding aggressiveness, with the I & J a hair milder, and the rest after that worse than mild, more like "ineffective". There was no epiphany with this one, and I have shaved with it twice now, so I may never recapture the fall of 1958 and my first SE of some sort I bought for myself.

I might have a Featherweight SE also, if I get Capital One to examine their mail better and let me use Paypal before tomorrow evening (another pale Ivory, probably a ringer, though; it "looks" familiar, but I don't think it will be so memorable compared to a more likely Schick of some sort).

Top Bottom