What's new

What one Pen will always be in your collection?

I'm just wondering what one (1) pen will always be in your collection.
The one pen that you will never give up.
Never sell. Never PIF.

For me it is my dads Parker 75 set. He gave it to me some time ago and while I don't use it, I just can't ever see giving it up. He used it at his desk at work for many years.
It's a BP, FP and Pencil set. It all still works and looks to be in great condition.

Nothing too fancy but I have a Cross Townsend in titanium and gold that is about 20 years old, made in RI. I've mentioned it before, but cross pens have a special place for me because we lived in the same town as their factory and my dad always carried a gold century. One winter, it must have popped out of his pocket before a snow/ice storm. A month or two later when things thawed, we found the pen and it still worked perfectly. By then, he had purchased a new one and I inherited the "ice pen." So I would probably part with any pen but the Townsend.

I've been using the same Mont blanc ballpoint pen at work
For 20 years. I bought a few dozen refills 20 years
Ago too and am on my last one.

My Pelikans. If I had to pick one.... I just couldn't choose one. They are all fantastic.

Here's just one example why: I moved a big work desk in December. Behind it my daughter found a long long looong lost Pelikan. After not being used for over four years, I put pen to paper and it started without hesitation and put down a wonderfully smooth line.

Last edited:
Hard choice, but it would probably be my Parker 51. Not so much that it's a great pen (it is!), but the circumstances in which I got it (an incredible "sumgai" score at a local flea market).

I'm sorry, but I'll have to go with two. First is a Sheaffer Connaisseur that was given by a friend years ago. The second is a Parker 75 set that I inherited from by dad. He never used it and it was apparently something my uncle, who I never knew, had when he passed away. But I have very little of my dad's stuff so this will be kept.

My ivory colored Waterman. Waterman was nice enough to change out the nib for me gratis.
I wish I still had my pre-WWII Montblanc, but someone nicked it. I used to write my menus everyday with it.

i'm copying Nemo's choice :001_rolle
$IMAG2942.jpg

Top Bottom