What's new

Tobacquisitions for March 2014

Over the past few weeks I decided to get into pipe smoking in ernest. My recent grabs include a Dr. Grabow Grand Duke, a nice little pipe case from Amazon and a pipe-shaped Czech tool. Tobaccos are Captain Black Gold and Pipa. Going to try Carter Hall next.

Welcome!

We love hearing about tobacquisitions but pictures are the only way we can really tell if you're on the level :001_cool:

I just got some Carter Hall and it is a very nice little smoke. Smooth, cool and burns wonderfully.

Alright. This PAD has to stop!

I ordered these three pipes two days before IPSD.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394178468.034944.jpg

Let's just say the disappointment in the Old Dominion was trounced by the sheer massiveness of the Nordings. Both of these are going to hold a TON of tobacco.

And on Yahoo Auctions Japan,there was an awesome deal for 4 pipes and a multiple pipe case.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394178648.737906.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394178701.982649.jpg

Savinelli Canadian- Punto Oro 130 KS

Angelo Rovera

Pipa Di Gasparini Canadian- Fausto Fine Bruyere 207

Raganella Bulldog- Non Canta La Raganella

Time to break out the salt and bourbon. Then gonna polish them up with some Paragon wax.

Mmmm. Those pipes are weirding me out. In such a traditionalist. I'm a big fan of small pipes, I like the little white cob. (Is that what it is?)

Yeah Old Dominion is a new company that makes cobs. Much different than MM. Has a bamboo stem/shank and is much smaller.

Alright. This PAD has to stop!

I ordered these three pipes two days before IPSD.

View attachment 421563

Let's just say the disappointment in the Old Dominion was trounced by the sheer massiveness of the Nordings. Both of these are going to hold a TON of tobacco.

I love my nording....and I love how the unfinished one develops its own unique coloring.

Yeah Old Dominion is a new company that makes cobs. Much different than MM. Has a bamboo stem/shank and is much smaller.

I picked up an Old Dominion Laughing King when Smoking Pipes first brought them on board several weeks ago. I think I had the same reaction as Andrew. Really should have looked at those dimmensions before ordering. Its an ok enough pipe, but its not going to compare to anything from MM, especially at the price point and construction.

$image.jpg

My mother is visiting from Little River, SC. Asked her to swing by the local B&M and pick me up a tin of Orlik. I didn't want to pay shipping to try a cheap tin of tobacco. The gentleman working there convinced her to buy me more and told her to inform me of their online website! I was a little embarrassed to tell her I check the website twice a week for new merchiandise.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My mother is visiting from Little River, SC. Asked her to swing by the local B&M and pick me up a tin of Orlik. I didn't want to pay shipping to try a cheap tin of tobacco. The gentleman working there convinced her to buy me more and told her to inform me of their online website! I was a little embarrassed to tell her I check the website twice a week for new merchiandise.
dont be embarrassed, you got some EMP and Nightcap out of the deal. Both are nice smokes.

Aw what a nice mom. If I asked my mother to do this, I would get socks and underwear and some pens.

I'd get a guilty brow beating about health. So glad I'm free of those guilty shackles. Mmmm I want a bowl now. Going to go light up. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Early fathers day present. Got an Xikar Pipeline pipe lighter and a huge can of butane. While there, the wife suggested I get a couple cigars. Got a Hoyo de Monterrey Excaliber Dark Knight and an Alec Bradley Nica Puro. She decided she wanted to try a cigar (she has never smoked). She picked out the little Tatiana for herself.

Attachments

• $20140310_184647.jpg
    $20140310_184647.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom