What's new

The 80/20 Rule

What percentage will you settle for?

• I don't settle, it's 100% all the time for me!

• I settle for 95% every day.

• I settle for 90% every day.

• I settle for 80% most days, but go higher on special occasions (weekends, dates, etc.)

• 80% is fine for me every day

• I skip shaving some days.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Working in software development, I'm intimately aware of the 80/20 rule which states: "80% of your time will be spent tracking down the final 20% of the bugs".

I've found that this applies to me with shaving. A careful one pass shave will give me 80%, but I find as I approach what I consider 100%, am victim of the law of diminishing returns. That last 5% takes too much time and trouble for me to even worry about.

What about you?

I'm 100%, but it would probably be ~60% for most of you. My hair kinda just waves goodbye to my face when it sees a razor anywhere near it, so BBS isn't difficult.

I usually settle for 90 -95% most days but I go for 100% BBS about once or twice a week. Most days I'm in a rush to get out the door on time though.

I chose 95% but I don't really fit any group. I can get BBS anytime I want but I don't always make the final pass that would get me there. There are days when I don't shave at all just because I don't feel like it.

+1, with the exception of being "in a rush"; I'm never in a rush.

+2

I'm never in a rush. It's against my constitution to be so. I do drive fast though but that's just because I like the rush.

I don't care about a glass-smooth shave if it means taking off a couple layers of skin and risking irritation to get it. I use gentle blades like Merkurs and dorcks, get a military inspection-ready shave, and am satisfied with that. It ain't a baby's butt, after all, it is a man's face.

Most of the time it's 80% for me. BBS is achievable but undesirable in my opinion. The last 20% requires trade-offs that do not justify the end results.

GF does not even feel my beard after the second pass. But I know it is there and after he 4th there is still a 5%that reminds me I will have to shave tomorrow :shifty: And, if you look at me I have a 5 oclock shadow 5 min after I shaved. Homer Simpson sindrome someone called it once.

For ages I was BBS everyday, but lately I've been incredibly busy with a new job and I've dropped down to a pass or too simply to look presentable for work. I'd love to have more time for a good shave.

For ages I was BBS everyday, but lately I've been incredibly busy with a new job and I've dropped down to a pass or too simply to look presentable for work. I'd love to have more time for a good shave.

It's been oft' said..."it's the bad times that make the good times better".

Top Bottom