What's new

March 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

Staff member
View attachment 422589

Is any familiar with the maker of the ivory-colored brush? It had some nasty stains that mostly rubbed out with a small dose of Flitz.

I have one that looks much the same marked Bamberger's.

proxy.php

I have one that looks much the same marked Bamberger's.

proxy.php

Bamberger's was a New Jersey Department store chain, with iits headquarters and flagship store in Newark. In 1929, it was purchaed by Macy's. By the mid-80s all remaining Bamberger stores had been renamed Macy's.

Guessing that those brushes were house brands manufactured by someone else. Prior to its acquisition by Macy's, Bamberger's was noted for serving the higher-end market.

Picked up a vintage Llama 928 with linen. 3.5-6mm thickness. Hasn't been resurfaced at all. Backside is so rubbed down it's almost as smooth as the front. A number of razor bites but most are shallow and all are at the left edge. The leather is supple and flexible. Came with another strop of unknown manufacture in a bit worse condition. A number of scrapes and more and deeper knicks, but it still strops fine, and the leather is quite good on it as well. Was a bit of a gamble, high starting bid, not any good pictures of the Llama, and I wish it had a few less bites out of it, but overall, a nice score in my book.

Also scored a vintage "Shaving mug" by Crown Pottery Co. which is so small I suspect it's actually the insert of a vintage Moss-style scuttle (removable inner chamber).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131130998959?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last edited:
My ShaverJoe brush came today. It is amazing!! The amount of clear makes this handle pop. Unfortunately my pictures do not do it justice.

Attachments

• $Rk94cll.jpg
    $Rk94cll.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 231
  • $ZQEbzdO.jpg
    $ZQEbzdO.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 231
  • $YAFlwvu.jpg
    $YAFlwvu.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 231
  • $_MG_1599.jpeg
    $_MG_1599.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 232
Don't see this often. Haven't even polished them yet. A quick cleaning with warm water &scrubby bubbles. Fatboy & Flare tip.Shiiiiny!

Attachments

• $IMG_20140314_125040_253.jpg
    $IMG_20140314_125040_253.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 213
My friend David, aka TheMonk, from Porto, Portugal, has been so kind to send me these generous shaving cream samples. Thanks, my friend!
proxy.php

And some vintage blades from my friend Lambretto.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Also a travel bottle of Italian Floid AS from my friend Bender
proxy.php

And... what is that?...from my friend Bender, too.
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom