What's new

March 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

$GEM1912three.jpg$GEM1912two.jpg$GEM1912four.jpg
this is an antique/junk store find. I held it for less than two full seconds in my hand and knew immediately that I must posses this gem . . . yes, pun intended

Tony

Today's little junk haul. Visited an antique mart with 150 dealer booths with my wife. Surprisingly (to me anyway), she encouraged all of the purchases. She was especially enamoured of the little cased Ever-Ready travel kit, actually telling me "you should go back for that one." She found the two brushes. I found Micromatic but could locate it again when I went to grab it, so it was left behind.

$13044584024_41ace89287_z.jpg

The ball-end Old OC has cracks and has lost nearly all of its plating. The bakelite-handled OC is far better. The Ever-Ready 200 looks like it might survive with nothing but good cleaning and shampoo.

$13044373363_2a8c67ab22_c.jpg

Is any familiar with the maker of the ivory-colored brush? It had some nasty stains that mostly rubbed out with a small dose of Flitz.

$13044589154_a510434667_z.jpg

I had hoped to find a bevy of Fat Boys and a cased British No. 15, but alas, I was the only fat boy in sight. Maybe next time.

Oops. Forgot. These two nice bottles of Myrsol arrived yesterday, courtesy of the fast shipping from Bullgoose, along with some Personna Reds and Meds.
$13013720943_941e3a6a98_c.jpg

No, it was getting too hard :biggrin1:

I was home at my apartment last weekend, and I snuck 6 more brushes into the suitcase - just to steady the nerves a little more. Besides boar was overrepresented, can't have that :lol:
Luckily I have just signed a lease for an apartment, and I'm moving in in the middle of April. It will be good to be surrounded by all my stuff again :001_smile

My Weber Classic handle arrived. With the Weber PH Bulldog.
$Weber.jpg

Also stopped by L'occitane en Provence at the Domain for Cade Shaving Soap.
$Cade.jpg

Few pucks from Tiki. Ordered one vegan and one tallow. Received those plus a tallow freebie AND a bar of bath soap. Very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom