What's new

1 year off the cigarette

actually, i gained 8kg since i stopped smoking,

Well done. I use to smoke. 1 year is good but you are still wanting one once in a while, that too will go away! Gain 8KG is better than losing all of it, at once!

Take Care,
Richard

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment.

I have found that when I accomplished something difficult in life (for me it was changing my eating habits and losing weight) it was very motivating. I began to believe anything is possible as long as you want it enough. If you can stop smoking for 2 years, or accomplish something else that is difficult, you can do other difficult things. After I lost 35 pounds I ran the NYC marathon, which was a lifetime goal for me.

Anyone else have this kind of revelation?

Congrats! Great accomplishment.

Might I suggest taking 20% of the money you think you've saved by quitting, and buying yourself something nice.

Congratulations, Don't go back whatever you do.
Took me getting my chest cut open and 5 bypasses before I
quit.

Best of luck to you.

Maybe no badges....but you are awarding yourself GOOD HEALTH and that's worth more than a million badges. I cold turkey'd the sticks about 20+ years ago and have never wanted to go back.

Nice going. And from what I recall of Madrid, not an easy place to do it - smoking almost seemed compulsory over there.

Cheers

Jeremy

how strange, i quit over the weekend and come and see this. congrats.

i had to run to catch a ferry in the rain, and i could hardly breathe for 10 mins, realised something had to give.

il repace one addiction with another! every time i want a smoke ill have a shave!

congratulations! hopefully ill be following in your footsteps soon but its hard not to smoke when your towns nickname is CAMEL CITY (winston-salem, NC)

CONGRATULATIONS!! I've been trying to quit, my biggest problem is I really enjoy smoking! I guess I really need to make the decision and STICK WITH IT!!

Top Bottom