What's new

Ice Cream Face Off: Ben & Jerry's v.s. Haagen-Dazs

Ben & Jerry's or Haagen-Dazs?

• Ben & Jerry's

• Haagen-Dazs

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
If I had a choice (although my favourite is Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip),...it would be Ben & Jerry's (more variety)! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream". American Proverb

Last edited:
I can't stand H-D's (hidden) politics, but I liked their ice cream. I love B & J's politics, but thought their ice creams were too junky, filled with hunks of things I'd never otherwise eat, like cookie dough and candy bars.

What to do? And I am a purist of a sort, buying only vanilla or coffee. Ah: Trader Joe's. Very good French vanilla. And an outstanding coffee, with little flecks of coffee beans right in there.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I can't stand H-D's (hidden) politics, but I liked their ice cream. I love B & J's politics, but thought their ice creams were too junky, filled with hunks of things I'd never otherwise eat, like cookie dough and candy bars.

What to do? And I am a purist of a sort, buying only vanilla or coffee. Ah: Trader Joe's. Very good French vanilla. And an outstanding coffee, with little flecks of coffee beans right in there.

I try to ignore politics in food and acting. If either is good I will partake.

I think we need to talk more about this "not eating cookie dough and candy bars." Are you sure this is the right subforum for you?

$LucyConveyor.gif

My favorite Ben & Jerrys flavor is Dublin Mudslide! It is an Irish coffee-esque flavor. Sadly, I have not been able to find it recently and I fear it may have passed on to their graveyard of flavors. My next favorite would be Karamel Sutra...just amazing and simple.

I cannot fund the politics espoused by Ben and jerry's.
I discovered haagen-Das in a California mall, long before Ben and jerry's was known to me.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I cannot fund the politics espoused by Ben and jerry's.
I discovered haagen-Das in a California mall, long before Ben and jerry's was known to me.

B&J's is now owned by Unilever. Either way, life is too short to take politics seriously- they are all scum.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ben and Jerry's has too much candy in it.

I agree that some of them do. I would give a kidney, though, to find Chocolate Macadamia again. It was chocolate and vanilla ice cream swirled with chocoloate covered macadamia nuts. Oh well, at least their pistachio is still available.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't eat ice cream very often, but when I do it's Blue Bell.

I liked their vanilla with the real vanilla beans. I just checked their website and I don't see that it is available. They do have the Homemade Vanilla, but I thought that that was different.

Top Bottom