What's new

Ice Cream Face Off: Ben & Jerry's v.s. Haagen-Dazs

Ben & Jerry's or Haagen-Dazs?

• Ben & Jerry's

• Haagen-Dazs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ben & Jerry's. Really no contest, IMO. My favs are Karemel Sutra, Half Baked, Cinnamon Buns Phish Food and Scotchy Scotch.

I'm a Ben and Jerry's man, but if I picked outside of that it would be a little shop right outside of Chicago called "Rainbow Cone". It's probably not anything amazing, but I was raised eating it, and its amazing!

Love ice cream and yes both brands are great. However, the Ben & Jerry flavors are for the most part ice cream and candy which is not a bad thing. For just ice cream I can go with Haagen-Dazs.

Ben and Jerry's. I like Late Night Snack a lot, there was one called Clusterfluff that was awesome too.

When we travel into Michigan though we like to get Moomers Ice Cream from Traverse City though, it's phenomenal (especially their Cherries Moobilee).

Häagen-Dazs is better if you ask me. Ben & Jerry's is only good because of their toppings. That is like loading up a low quality dough with quality toppings and calling it good pizza.

Haagen Dazs in general. The ice cream is just better IMO. But it depends on the flavor. B&J does a lot more with flavors and toppings. If I want rich chocolate, B&J's Chocolate Therapy is unsurpassed.

I tried HD Peanut Butter Pie recently and was a big fan of that.

Haagen Dazs in general. The ice cream is just better IMO. But it depends on the flavor. B&J does a lot more with flavors and toppings. If I want rich chocolate, B&J's Chocolate Therapy is unsurpassed.

I tried HD Peanut Butter Pie recently and was a big fan of that.
That sums things up pretty well... What am I in the mood for?! I've been eating the Haagen-Dazs Caramel with salted caramel swirl. It does the trick. But Cherries Jubilee calls every now and again.

See, I actually feel like B&J is better in the head to head battle of specific flavors.

For instance, one of my favorite Ben and Jerry's flavors is Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream. It's vanilla ice cream with caramel swirls and chunks of chocolate covered waffle cone (like you get at an ice cream parlor). Haagen-Dazs version is called Caramel Cone. I tried it the other night. In my opinion, the B&J Americone Dream is much better. I do think that maybe the HD version of chocolate chip cookie dough is better.

I noticed that CVS is having a 2 for $7 on HD, if anyone is interested.

Hi,

Nah. Milk the cow, separate the cream, make your own. Strawberry season is close at hand, and I will be making ice cream at the spring show at our local fairgrounds. In the meantime, I make other flavors. My personal favorite is Orange Pineapple, which I never see for sale in any grocery store by any brand.

Here is the kind of setup to make it, JD model E farm power!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhqkAK-PTKA

Stan

Top Bottom