What's new

C. O. Biggelow Best Badger Brush from Bath and Body Works

Does anybody have any experience with this brush? I was in B&BW today to get some shaving cream and noticed the brush. It's $25, and is labeled as a best badger brush. Also comes in a cardboard tube, which would be nice to keep for travel. I don't remember hearing anything on this board about the brush...has anybody seen/used it?

I haven't seen it yet. Just checked their (CO Bigelow's) website the only brushes they have are for 99 bucks in Super Badger. Ill have to swing by the mall later and check it out.

I didn't find it on Bath and Body Works' website either...perhaps it was discontinued and my store just had two left, or maybe it's just not a big seller so they don't advertise it. I haven't been able to find anything about it on Bigelow's or Bath and Body Works' websites.

Is it like the brush on the left in this picture? My C.O. Bigelow brush is a Pure Badger with 19mm knot and it did come with a tube. I believe it is made by Edwin Jager. I use mine mostly for soaps. It is stiff, but not unpleasant. I bought mine about 18 months ago on a trip in Boston for $24.95.

The brush on the right is the EJ version of the C&E Best brush. I left it in for a size comparison.

Ah, perhaps it was discontinued and my store just happened to have one. Appears to be a nice brush. Maybe I'll swing back tomorrow and get it...it looked like a fine brush for the money...

This was actually my first brush and I thought it worked great. I used proraso and soaps will it. It is great as a travel brush IMHO, I use it for shaving at my fathers condo when we go on vacation. It is a little stiff but I think it is alot better than other "travel" brushes out there. I can't think of who makes it but I do remeber it was a well known company. I also like it because it is easy to use with a small mug, not like my Savile Row which needs a bucket to lather in.

I have never seen it in Bath and Body but I got it at C.O. Bigelow, which is its parent company(I think), they also had Floris, over priced GFT($43 a tub), Aqua di Prima, Cannabis Santal, and a few other goodies.

B&BW and Bigelow are owned by the same company (Also owns Victoria's Secret).

I am PO'd though because none of the B&BW stores around me sell the shave cream. I ask them about it and they look at me like I'm on fire.

spiffy

<\hijack>

FWIW
My wife used to work for BBW.
You will typically only find Bigelow gear at what they refer to as a "flagship" store. If you have a big, mega-mall near you that has a BBW in it, that will probably be a flagship. The little ones in plain old mall, strip centers, etc...simply will not have Bigelow products. Sorry guys!

Oh they have Bigelow products, just not the shave cream. They do have the Bigelow goo in a can. And this was at the Galleria, pretty big upscale mall in Houston.

I think I'm just gonna buy some Proraso online.

spiffy

Sorry, what I meant was that the flagship stores will have the full-line of CO Bigelow products. Some stores will have a smattering, others a few items that were NIB returns(apparently the company doesn't allow the stores to ship them back at return time), some none at all.
Hope that helps.

the "flagship" term is a BBW insider term. That means it carries all their lines, all their signature stuff, PLUS Bigelow, Anthony, Fekkai, Phydo, Ahava, etc...
From what I know, it's the very high volume stores that will carry them.

Top Bottom