What's new

My second shave, not quite as good as the first...

I made it through my second shave today and I didn't get as close as I did the first time.

Creating lather was a better experience. I was thrashing at it pretty good and all of a sudden it came to life as beautiful foam. The actual shaving part wasn't quite as rewarding as I didn't get as close as my first shave. I also left a few spots that I needed to tidy up later.

Again I cut my chin but in a different spot than the first shave. This is going to take some time and more study for sure.

And last of all I think I started to rush near the end because I couldn't wait to put on the Baxter of California AS. Man that stuff is nice.

I'm eager to try again. Never thought I'd want my whiskers to grow faster so I can have more opportunities to shave. Who knew?

Peace to the middle.

- Jim

Let your face recover, maybe miss a day, and have another go. Remember to tale it nice and slowly and avoid shaving against the grain.

I too wanted to shave my face off in the beginning. I think it's a combination of wanting to master the technique and the excitement. I don't know if your face has to adjust or not. But things will calm down and you'll get the hang of it in due time.

Try doing just 2 passes. And shave only where there's lather don't go over, over, and over on bits.

Jim
Its good that you are fired up. Its been said before,take your time that there is a learning curve, learn from what you did this shave, (chin) ect.hang in-

Jim

Sounds like you are doing beautifully! For me the excitement came as much from the smell and feel of the products as from the closeness of the shave when I first started.

Congrats!

Thanks for the good vibes. I'm not frustrated or anything, just trying to stay patient and get better at this. I'm also not worried about BBS just yet. No bleeding and ingrown hairs is a better reward at this point. I was just a little surprised that it didn't seem as smooth in some places compared to the first time.

Living and...

I mean shaving and learning.

ha ha, it is all funny.... I'm 45 and waiting for my next shave like it is Christmas morning.... Who would've thunk? Other people outside of this forum (and maybe some inside), would think this behaviour crazy.

Even a samurai had to spend a little time learning to use his blade properly. Luckily, wet shaving doesn't take as long.

proxy.php

Many B&Bers have the disadvantage of switching to wet shaving while they already have a grown beard. That makes the learning harder initially, I guess. But maybe also more satisfying.

We oldtimers learned shaving while we still had peach fuzz only. Looking back, I probably could have shaved that off with the worst lather without knowing :wink2:

Top Bottom