What's new

Does shaving after a long wait make you feel like a new man?

I'm on the tail end of a bad cold so, couple the laziness that comes with being sick to the raw red skin under my nose from blowing my nose every 15 minutes, I hadn't shaved for the past 5 days.

Fired a Feather in my oblong slot 1932 Canadian fat handle Tech this morning, really took my time getting a good lather up, did a 2.5 pass shave (WTG, XTG and ATG in a few places) splashed on my favourite aftershave lotion and I suddenly feel much better then I did before the shave, even though I am still quite sick.

Like the thread title says, I feel like a new man!

Anyone else experience this after shaving off some heavy growth?

I have always identified shaving with manliness, especially when mowing through a week of growth.

I took off a full beard once with a straight razor. Felt so manly that I instinctually pounded my chest :lol:

It is.

There have been times that i work 12-14 hour days about 4-5 days straight. I get home, shower and sleep. Then i shave on the weekend and i feel rejuvenated.

Not even after a long wait.

After working a night shift, I drag my carcass out of bed after a couple of hours' sleep, feeling like death warmed up. A shower doesn't really cut it, but once I'm shaved and with a nice refreshing AS splash, I feel ready to face what remains of the day.

A BBS shave always puts a smile on my face. I Love Picking Soaps, Razors, Aftershaves, and Balms on the fly each morning.

Last edited:
I hate no-shave-days but man it does feel great to take a few days growth off. I haven't missed a day of shaving in quite a while though.

I rarely miss a day but I to have experienced that. Nothing like a shower and a nice shave to make you feel new again.

Oh yeah a fresh shave really sparks something. If you are coming off being sick, try a nice menthol shave cream like proraso or yeti snot.

I had a lot of rash on my face due the cold and wind outside, I didn't shave for 6 days and when I did I felt so good. After I was done shaving and applied my Proraso AS my face felt so good. And the best part about DE shaving is it never gets boring at all.

I have always identified shaving with manliness, especially when mowing through a week of growth.

I took off a full beard once with a straight razor. Felt so manly that I instinctually pounded my chest :lol:
If I had to take off a full beard I would only use a straight. Scissors are for hair stylists.

Oh yeah a fresh shave really sparks something. If you are coming off being sick, try a nice menthol shave cream like proraso or yeti snot.

Yeah, right now Proraso green is all I use. Spending a good 2 minutes or so building up a nice lather in my face is the best part of my morning! I start in the bowl but I find the lather really hits the sweet spot during application.

I wanna pick up some Proraso red sometime soon to give that a try.

Any shave for me makes me feel like a new man. But shaving off more than a day's growth is a renewing experience for sure.

Oh yea. After a weeklong trek in the outdoors my favorite part of coming back to civilization is cleaning up and especially shaving. Makes everything better.

Top Bottom