"A Boy Named Sue"
At least we are not being mistaken for a brand of butter anymore. :laugh:

Happy birthday Jim.

Hey, I got that.

$6anoOtL.gif

Nope.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Mid winter and I picked some pods off my plants. These are really small but I'll use them.
Kiwi fruit hot sauce.

Sautee 1/2 a chopped onion and the chill in oil approx. 5 minutes. added 2 cloves of garlic till fragrant.
In with 1/4 cup white & 1/4 cup cider vinegar. 1 Tablespoon of sugar, 1 Tablespoon of Manuka honey, a good pinch of All Spice & salt.
simmer for 10 minutes.
I scoped the kiwi fruit into the blender as I was not cooking it. Add chilli mix from the pot plus the juice of 1 lime and 1 lemon.
Blend well. Adjusted seasoning with more salt.
Taste is nice but will sit for a day to let the flavour come together.

$DSC_0004.jpg

$DSC_0006.jpg

$DSC_0007.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Made some egg sandwiches before coming to work. I chunked the rest of my Crazy Kiwi in while scrambling the eggs.

Not a sauce, but I saw Blackberry Serrano Noosa yogurt at the store and had to pick up a couple.
It's pretty good. Not really hot or anything, but a little sweet and spicy. Different for a yogurt. :001_smile

Enjoy this odd one over ice cream

Hot chocolate syrup..

Take some dried Chile pepper (hotter the better) flakes, mix with hershey chocolate syrup (dark works good for this)..Enjoy over ice cream and other sweets..

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I must be sick, because I had a reaction to Matouk's Calypso sauce, which I love. I put some on tostadas, and my mouth felt like it was on fire. I had to drink 2 glasses of milk and brush my teeth. That has never happened with this sauce. I am still sweating.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I must be sick, because I had a reaction to Matouk's Calypso sauce, which I love. I put some on tostadas, and my mouth felt like it was on fire. I had to drink 2 glasses of milk and brush my teeth. That has never happened with this sauce. I am still sweating.

Yes you must be coming down with something.
On a bright note though you reminded me that I still have half a bottle in my fridge. It was hidden behind a couple of my other sauces.
So I broke it out tonight to go with my chicken drumsticks and potato wedges. Yum.

I picked up a new sauce a week or so ago by a local company here in Golden, CO.
It's pretty tasty, although not as hot as I expected. I'd put it about a 5 or so?
Very nice flavor though.

$IMG_1726.jpg$IMG_1727.jpg

That one sounds and looks delicious.

I still haven't found any hot sauces that taste better than Peri Peri hot sauce. It's amazing on just about anything. A bit of it mixed into mayo is the perfect spread for sandwich bread. Mmmmmmm......good.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yes you must be coming down with something.
On a bright note though you reminded me that I still have half a bottle in my fridge. It was hidden behind a couple of my other sauces.
So I broke it out tonight to go with my chicken drumsticks and potato wedges. Yum.
Put some in egg salad and had a couple sandwiches- no problems. That was weird.

Top Bottom