What's new

Hot sauce junkie

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Whoa, Owen that looks awesome. Darker for sure. We are in uncharted fermentation territory. Split them in half. Continue on with three jars to a maximum maturation. Stop 3 jars short to what you can't stand anymore.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I like Aarons idea of spliting into two lots. I wonder if there is a way to force the fermation to stop, temperture ?
My reconmendation to help with the fermation wait is to crack open another hot sauce this weekend. Yeah I think that would help. :biggrin:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I like Aarons idea of spliting into two lots. I wonder if there is a way to force the fermation to stop, temperture ?
My reconmendation to help with the fermation wait is to crack open another hot sauce this weekend. Yeah I think that would help. :biggrin:

Great idea....but which one? See....now we've distracted Owen away from the sriracha.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hmm, two batches of 3 jars each, 3 people with some interest in this. Coincidence? :biggrin: Ok, first batch on Sunday, with the rest going for more time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Oh, and if it's good I will call it Big O's Sri-hot-cha sauce. From what I've tried it is a little hotter than Huy Fong

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Ok, this has been on my mind since I read it. Is it really good enough that people would buy it?

Did you watch the video in the link I posted re Culley's. His story on how he got started can be applied in your case............less the chef history.
Do you have a farmers market or similar where you can sell a few jars? That should give you some honest feedback, with just putting a toe in the water.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Um, we need more testing. :laugh:

......then you'll need to run a feasibility study.
I think that can be arranged
Did you watch the video in think link I gave re Culley's. His story on how he got started can be applied in your case............less the chef history.
Do you have a farmers market or similar where you can sell a few jars? That should give you some honest feedback, with just putting a toe in the water.

Yes, I do. I may have to talk to them. I plan on getting a Blendtec- I may wait until I do. If it takes off I will need something a little beefier than what I have.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
As fresh Chili pods are hard to find here I have been thinking of making a hot sauce with dried chili pods only.
What do you guys think. hmmm dried Chipotle pods.

Top Bottom