What's new

Hot sauce junkie

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think I need to buy a hot plate. I have been banned from making my habanero sauce in the house, and will have to move to the garage. The production irritates my wife's throat and eyes, which, in turn, drives up her blood pressure. Of course, I could do what I have been wanting to try- grilling the peppers instead of blanching.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I think I need to buy a hot plate. I have been banned from making my habanero sauce in the house, and will have to move to the garage. The production irritates my wife's throat and eyes, which, in turn, drives up her blood pressure. Of course, I could do what I have been wanting to try- grilling the peppers instead of blanching.

Ha, it chokes me up every time I make it...no pain no gain. Grilling adds a whole nuther layer of flavor.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Ribeyes and Chili on the grill, now ya' talkin' !!

Do you have a gas bottle? If so a gas burner may be another option for the man cave, aka garage.
If you are only cooking for a few minutes a portable gas cooker may be another option. The type you take hunting would work well.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ribeyes and Chili on the grill, now ya' talkin' !!

Do you have a gas bottle? If so a gas burner may be another option for the man cave, aka garage.
If you are only cooking for a few minutes a portable gas cooker may be another option. The type you take hunting would work well.

No, I don't do propane. I will cook the carrots, onions, and garlic in the house, grill the peppers, and bring the blender outside.

Tabasco, Franks and Sriracha are my three most commonly used. Been putting cayenne in/on a lot of stuff recently though and I like it. Adds the heat without the vinegar.

I'm not a big fan of "oh my freakin' gosh... that's HURTS!!!" hot sauces, so I tend to stick with the usual suspects: Franks, Sriracha, Cholula, and a locally made chipotle sauce (smoky, thick and seeds). I have probably a dozen bottles/jars of the stuff that I have picked up at local specialty shops. I also love mustards with some zing... Silver Springs "Beer and Brat" mustard will make your eyes water and clear your sinuses for ya.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Here's one I found over the weekend(like I need anymore). Very tasty stuff. Sweet from the peppers, smoke from the paprika but has a nice kick.

$IMG_0624.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
They all look nice. I have not had a chilli relish in a long time.
I'm picking the Culley's Thai Sweet Chilli will be close to a traditional Thai sweet sauce by just looking at the bottle. That's the only one I have not tried from what I sent you.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
They all look nice. I have not had a chilli relish in a long time.
I'm picking the Culley's Thai Sweet Chilli will be close to a traditional Thai sweet sauce by just looking at the bottle. That's the only one I have not tried from what I sent you.

I just tried it. The sweetness is really close to Maries and the heat is mild. The wife will like this tonight on her stuffed salmon. Thanks again Chris for a nice gift.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
No worries. I glad there is a sauce both of you can enjoy. Need a photo of the stuffed salmon, that sounds nice.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
why did I look, I'm stuck at work with just a banana left to eat. :sad: I'm a sucker for punishment, that looks very nice.

Top Bottom