What's new

Hot sauce junkie

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
..............not sure why but I got a urge to open a hot sauce.

Bacon hot sauce it is. It has a smell of bacon. The taste is simple with a bacon flavour (what else) the heat is mild.
Off the spoon was ok but I think this sauce will come to life with some chips or with eggs.

$20150426_100050.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Oooo....good pick. I have one too. It's been a long time since tasted this. Good idea on top of eggs. It could also be great in a bowl of beans or even in chili. What about on top of a salad?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I just had some with some boiled eggs, very nice. I also had some of Aaron Yeehaw hot sauce, another good sauce with eggs.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I blended the sauce in 2 sessions of 3 half pint jars each, adding another tablespoon of Manuka honey and half a cup of vinegar each. It is cooking now. Here is a shot after blending and straining

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 42
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, as I predicted it is hotter than Huy Fong (that's a good thing in my book). It is reminiscent of HF, but I like the flavor better. They Manuka honey gives a good sweetness to go with the bite. I declare success, but the real judgement will come from Aaron and Chris. Hopefully I can get it out soon.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Okay, as I predicted it is hotter than Huy Fong (that's a good thing in my book). It is reminiscent of HF, but I like the flavor better. They Manuka honey gives a good sweetness to go with the bite. I declare success, but the real judgement will come from Aaron and Chris. Hopefully I can get it out soon.

Looks good Owen. No need to send some my way. My enjoyment has already been meet with watching the process. :thumbup:

Have you tried the Manuka Honey by itself?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Looks good Owen. No need to send some my way. My enjoyment has already been meet with watching the process. :thumbup:

Have you tried the Manuka Honey by itself?
Yes, I have, and so has the wife. We both like it. Are you sure you don't want to try it? It is no big deal sending it, and goodness knows I owe you.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It's strange, but I have snuck out three times to have a spoonful of sauce. I think I like this better than my habanero sauce.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Yes, I have, and so has the wife. We both like it. Are you sure you don't want to try it? It is no big deal sending it, and goodness knows I owe you.

The Manuka honey is a bold flavour, I enjoy it every now and then for a change.

I must admit that there is a huge curiosity for tasting your sauce, my mouth is watering just looking at it.

Top Bottom