What's new

Hot sauce junkie

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Did anyone pickup some GE 10 to the power of 32 hot sauce? I'm on my phone or I would post the details. Sounds awesome.

Sounds nice and hot. As long as it is natural not an extract it should taste nice.......for a few seconds anyway.

Aaron you need to get that big old spoon out, don't fear the reaper.

It looks like they are out of hot sauce. I believe they only made 1,000 bottles.

Check out the website:
http://events.thrillist.com/ge-hotsauce

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'm holding out for some of what comes out of this barrel....

$hot sauce.png

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Interesting. I'm thinking some kind of fermented sriracha.

Yes indeed but made by Fire Dragon so made with a mix of super hot chilli.
I got a bottle of his first try at making one and it was very nice. He only made 50 bottles of on his first batch. There was a subtle hint of the whiskey flavour as well.

I made a batch of YeeHaw sauce and another batch of Big O, last night.

The YeeHaw is well... YeeHaw! It's gonna be too hot for most people, but I think it's delicious. Mine came out orange, not yellow, cause most of the Habeneros were red.

This batch of Big O is a little hotter than lats time -- I might reblend it with a few more carrots to knock the heat down a little.

I made both batches last night as a test of my new blender. Just got a Breville Hemisphere Twist -- and it freakin rocks! Amazing blender.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I made a batch of YeeHaw sauce and another batch of Big O, last night.

The YeeHaw is well... YeeHaw! It's gonna be too hot for most people, but I think it's delicious. Mine came out orange, not yellow, cause most of the Habeneros were red.

This batch of Big O is a little hotter than lats time -- I might reblend it with a few more carrots to knock the heat down a little.

I made both batches last night as a test of my new blender. Just got a Breville Hemisphere Twist -- and it freakin rocks! Amazing blender.

You honor me sir. Now shoot me a copy of the YeeHaw recipe I've seemed to have ate (misplaced) it. :blush::blush:

Is this the Hot Sauce Pepper Heads thread?
Not sure how I missed this. I put hot sauce on just about everything. Keep a bottle at work, and always have a few different varieties at home. I usually get one of those hot sauce gift sets once a year, some of which have been quite good.
I've gotten my grandson hooked also. LOL
Usually just pick up something at the store that looks interesting, but occasionally order a 'designer' sauce along the lines of Endorphin Rush or Dave's Insanity.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Not sure how I missed this. I put hot sauce on just about everything. Keep a bottle at work, and always have a few different varieties at home. I usually get one of those hot sauce gift sets once a year, some of which have been quite good.
Usually just pick up something at the store that looks interesting, but occasionally order a 'designer' sauce along the lines of Endorphin Rush or Dave's Insanity.

This is the place.

I've ordered from here a least a dozen times. If you are on their newsletter they will offer you free shipping and discounts.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

If you like interesting, give this a try. It is not insane heat (I think Chris and Aaron gave it a 5 or 6) but it has a great citrus flavor, thanks to the lime juice and zest. It is liked by people in two countries :biggrin:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Big_Os_Hot_Stuff

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That sounds quite good. I haven't made my own in quite a few years, but might have to give this a go.
Thanks!
I had to buy an electric burner so I can make it in the garage. Last time I made everyone but me was sneezing and had runny eyes

You honor me sir. Now shoot me a copy of the YeeHaw recipe I've seemed to have ate (misplaced) it. :blush::blush:

Here you go Sir.

Yeehaw Superhot Yellow Sauce (9+ heat)

18 habanero's. 9 of those smoked
6 smoked serrano peppers
1/2 can of pears with the juice
2 cloves of garlic
1 large shallot
big pinch of salt
6 cranks of black pepper
1 chipotle pepper from can
10 tablespoons of white vinegar
juice of 1 lime
pinch of sugar
water

Slice peppers in half and remove seeds from habeneros. Smoke peppers on grill for a few minutes. Combine peppers and remaining ingredients in blender. Adjust salt, sweet and vinegar. If more heat is needed, add habenero seeds as needed and re-blend.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Here you go Sir.

Yeehaw Superhot Yellow Sauce (9+ heat)

18 habanero's. 9 of those smoked
6 smoked serrano peppers
1/2 can of pears with the juice
2 cloves of garlic
1 large shallot
big pinch of salt
6 cranks of black pepper
1 chipotle pepper from can
10 tablespoons of white vinegar
juice of 1 lime
pinch of sugar
water

Slice peppers in half and remove seeds from habeneros. Smoke peppers on grill for a few minutes. Combine peppers and remaining ingredients in blender. Adjust salt, sweet and vinegar. If more heat is needed, add habenero seeds as needed and re-blend.

Thanks Jim, did I post this in the this thread?

Top Bottom