What's new

Hot sauce junkie

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I found some Huy Fong Foods Sriracha hot sauce today so picked up a bottle.
I'm half way through a bottle of Sriracha sauce from Thailand and was good to be able to taste test them side by side.
I have not tried the US brand before. It is similar to the stuff from Thailand with subtle differences.

The Thai one looks a bit thinner and has a slight tang, it leave a after taste. It's all pure with no added preservatives, colouring or msg.
The ingredients are the same but the list vinegar before garlic, so I take that there is more vinegar in it than the other brand.

The Huy Fong Foods Sriracha was a bit thicker and a smoother flavour with no after taste. The heat was a touch hotter but not by much.

I like both but the lack of a after taste with the Huy Fong Foods Sriracha may win this for me. More test needed.
Now to hide the new bottle of hot sauce from the boss.

$20150619_154055.jpg

Last edited:
I love me some chilli sauce (and chillis in general).

My favourite hot sauce is Fire Foods 'Infinity' Sauce. Made with Infinity chillies, it gives an almighty hit of heat with a superb lime tang.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I found some Huy Fong Foods Sriracha hot sauce today so picked up a bottle.
I'm half way through a bottle of Sriracha sauce from Thailand and was good to be able to taste test them side by side.
I have not tried the US brand before. It is similar to the stuff from Thailand with subtle differences.

The Thai one looks a bit thinner and has a slight tang, it leave a after taste. It's all pure with no added preservatives, colouring or msg.
The ingredients are the same but the list vinegar before garlic, so I take that there is more vinegar in it than the other brand.

The Huy Fong Foods Sriracha was a bit thicker and a smoother flavour with no after taste. The heat was a touch hotter but not by much.

I like both but the lack of a after taste with the Huy Fong Foods Sriracha may win this for me. More test needed.
Now to hide the new bottle of hot sauce from the boss.

View attachment 580498

The Huy Fong sriracha is what I use and like too. It seems everybody is making it now.

A New one to add to the collection. Full pepper flavor with a good seasoning and a hint of vinegar. Made with habanero, scorpion, and ghost peppers.
$image.jpg

Picked up three bottles of Hank's Sauce (made in Sea Isle City, NJ). Tried some of the herb infused variety at the Watering Hull, an eatery in Stone Harbor, THEN discovered that surf shop two doors up the street was selling four varieties. Good stuff.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I just finished off the New Zealand Green yesterday. That's one that I really like. So that means an opening of a new HS.

Ring of Fire.
$IMG_1108.jpg

This one is a keeper. It has a real fresh garden taste. Nice amount of vinegar too. The sauce is runny with large chunks of peppers, etc. Not at all hot but has a very good kick. Two thumbs up.:thumbup:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Ha, ha....I rimmed my glass with cayenne, celery seed, salt and pepper. The wife wanted to lick the rim and try the BM. She said, "Whooo....OH NO you didn't!!!" She went straight to the kitchen sink to wash her mouth out. She said a cuss word....ah, more then a few cuss words.

...problem solved.

$IMG_20150701_111851.jpg
This is one of the most delicious hot sauces I have ever eaten. I would advise everyone to try this. They (Nando's) also has different heats. Extra hot is just my favorite.

Top Bottom