What's new

Heart Warming Alaska Fishing Trip

Heart Warming Alaska Fishing Trip
This great story was sent by family members and truly warms the heart. Hopefully it will post better on this try as it would be great for everyone to enjoy the story as I did. Doug

The Best Day Of Fishing Ever! Some fishing stories are a little hard to believe but this guy has pictures to prove his story . . . I've heard of salmon jumping into boats, but never anything quite like this . . .
Tom Satre told the Sitka Gazette that he was out with a charter group on his 62-foot fishing vessel when four juvenile black-tailed deer swam directly toward his boat
This is a picture I took of the rescued bucks on the back of my boat, the Alaska Quest. We headed for Taku Harbour. Once we reached the dock, the first buck that we had pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back as if to say 'thank you' and disappeared into the forest. After a bit of prodding and assistance, two more followed, but the smallest deer needed a little more help.

Attachments

• $alaska1.jpg
    $alaska1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 87
  • $alaska2.jpg
    $alaska2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 88
  • $alaska3.jpg
    $alaska3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 87

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That is a cool story. Long live the deer!
I wonder how they pulled them from the water.

The deer were lasso'd with a rope and pulled aboard by the captain. They kept swimming around the boat and one was starting to go under when they got the rope around him. It was guessed by the Forrest Ranger that wolves may have been after them.

Top Bottom